Fruits we spoke about... Enjoy! :o)

Old August 17th 05, 08:31 PM
Matthew Hollands

Default Fruits we spoke about... Enjoy! :o)

Star Apple:

http://www.capetrib.com.au/starapple.htm
--

Star Fruit:

http://www.foodreference.com/html/art-star-fruit.html
--

Pomegranites/Pomegranates:

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/m...megranate.html

Pomegranite Smoothie Recipe - http://www.recipezaar.com/131570

More recipes (different spelling of Pomegranate) -
http://www.pomegranates.org/home.shtml

And yet another recipe - http://www.ummah.com/family/recipes/pomegran.html

Will it never end? ;o) -
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p...megranate.html
--

Okay, nobody mentioned Mangoes... but I was curious since I've never eaten
them either. ;o)

Mangoes:

Recipes -
http://www.canoe.ca/LifewiseFoodGood...mango2_cp.html
--

Peace!
Gemini

Old August 17th 05, 09:42 PM
JaneB

OT Designation always helpful and courteous in this yarn group. Some here
actually read for yarn-related contend.

Thanks.

Old August 17th 05, 10:02 PM
Matthew Hollands

Considering that it says "Fruits we spoke about...", I would say that pretty
much tells you that it isn't about yarn!

You're welcome!
Gemini

Old August 18th 05, 12:12 PM
Gwendoline Kelly

Gemini, Thank you for those links. The star fruit one is exactly like the
star fruit I see in the shops.

The star apple , I have never seen but this site is of a tropical fruit farm
in the top north of out state at Cape Tribulation ( referred to as by its
vernacular on the site as
Cape Trib") We visited this area on our recent trip. It is a very tropical
and pretty area but I would not like to live there - too hot, too many
midgies to bite you, and generally too wet! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 18th 05, 03:26 PM
Matthew Hollands

Glad you enjoyed the links, Gwen! )

I had never heard of the Star Apple fruit before, but the picture of it cut
open looked familiar to me. It definitely looks very juicy!

Have you eaten the Star Fruit.

Peace!
Gemini

u...

Old August 18th 05, 03:54 PM
Matthew Hollands

"JaneB" wrote in message
Courtesy is for others, i take it.

Whenever I do something that I feel is wrong or bothersome, I do apologize
for it... I was raised well to know my manners, thank you! I just don't
take kindly to you jumping on me for something so insignificant as this. As
I said... the subject line said "Fruits we spoke about" and that in itself
says that it is NOT about yarn. Did you notice that YOU seem to be the ONLY
person with a problem with this... or should I say, with ME... perhaps it's
because I was so quick to put you in your place when you put your nose where
it didn't belong when I had responded to a question from someone else and
gave your unwanted opinion on the situation with my son and myself. As I
said then, no one else (not even the people on here who have known us for
years) butt in unless I *ask* for an opinion... they simply ask how things
are doing. Like it or not, some people do like me and my son and enjoy
reading what I have to say whether it is about yarn or not.

If you don't like it or me (least of my worries)... put me on ignore... or
are you / were you just waiting for me to do something that you could jump
all over? Got nothing else to do but nit-pick, huh? I feel sorry for you!

Gemini

Old August 18th 05, 04:30 PM
Julie-Ann

Hi Gemini, Mangoes ROCK!!! (for want of a better word.) There are
several different varieties my fave is Bombay and Julie (yes there is a
Mango my name...no I was not named for the Mango - my Mom will stop the
car in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic to pick up a mango
fallen on the sidewalk from someone's tree - Mom does not like Julie
Mangoes...and yes I was teased at school for my name) because you can
cut them horizontally, take off the top with a screwing motion, get
your favourite spoon and scoop-and-eat to your hearts content. Great
for breakfast!
A list of the mangoes (as much as I can remember):
Julie
Bombay
Number 11 (when they were shipping it in colonial times they didn't
remember where they got it so they named by the number it was listed
under)
East Indian
Hairy (this one leaves conspicuous strands between your teeth)
Beefy (vile Mango, tastes like beef, if I want beef I'll cook it not
pick it)
Haydn
Blackie (has black spots on the outside to show that it's ripe)
Kent
Turpentine
Sweetie-come-brush-me
Robin
Long Mango
There are many other varieties of Mangoes (some by some really strange
names) all of them are sweet...except for Beefy, you can try it don't
let me turn you off it. I don't remember ever tasting the one called
Turpentine (Mom just told me about that one - she's a Mango expert) so
I don't know.

Walk good,
Julie-Ann
Jamaica

Old August 18th 05, 07:04 PM
JaneB

"JaneB" wrote in message
[...]

Here are some current ON topic subject lines:
"Another One Bites the Dust,"
"Los Lobos Earrings,"
"Copyright"

So, no, just the title isn't always a clue to on topic or off topic. If
that's really a question on your part or just another shot at someone who
has openly responded to your open posts that I think it's deeply sad to see
someone cheer that her 24-year old son has once again bowed to pressure to
put off his adult pursuits to live with and support his mother.

JaneB
is *THAT* clear enough?

Old August 18th 05, 08:42 PM
Wooly

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:04:04 -0600, "JaneB" spewed
forth :

Here are some current ON topic subject lines:
"Another One Bites the Dust,"

I don't get any sense of the actual message content from this topic.
Are we discussing Republicans? Walmart building permit applications?
Spouses of service members applying for and being denied welfare? I
don't think I read this one because the topic didn't hook me in.

"Los Lobos Earrings,"

Maybe on topic. I've seen reference to these earrings elsewhere, so I
read the post.

"Copyright"

Always germane on any group where there exists the potential for
copyright violation.

So, no, just the title isn't always a clue to on topic or off topic.

No, it isn't. Your reply, for example, doesn't include in its topic
any mention of the nasty comment you made and that I've edited out.
You have no idea what's behind their living arrangement and you're not
qualified to comment on it even if you think you know something based
on the information Gem has given us in the past.

is *THAT* clear enough?

Something is certainly clear. Its too bad so many of "the internets"
have turned into ********s; this trend has made it quite difficult to
find any decent places to exchange ideas...

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...