e-Bay (OT)

Old July 15th 03, 02:58 AM
W.Boyce

Default e-Bay (OT)

IMS writes: "Sorry about your health issues" Issues?? How very sanitary.
Anderson just wrote about having to GIVE UP SEWING for health
reasons, yet IMS can hardly wait to flog her? in the superfluous 2nd
paragraph with a "you shoulda", a shaming statement, and explaining the
great error of her ways with a parent-child simile. Where's IMS's
compassion? Oh yes, I just remembered she fawned all over Kate during
her recent health "issue", but apparently can't cut any slack for the
unanointed Anderson.

Are those little rules that important? (A rhetorical question, no need
for anyone to answer) How would any of us like to be forced to give up
sewing? Can we make any allowance at all for someone in that position?
As Sisters of the Singer? Brothers of the Bernina? Friends of the Pfaff?

More space is taken up in sewing NG's by OT posts (like this one) than
references to ebay. At least they're about sewing. Yet few complaints
from the police on that score.

I apologize now for this OT post, and IMS can duly note the location at
the conclusion of the post, technically after the offense. W.Boyce

IMS wrote:

Sorry about your health issues, but no, posting ads here is not allowed.

You should have waited until after getting an answer rather than going
ahead and posting it anyway....apologies after the fact are rather like
putting the cart before the horse.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/adve.../how-to/part1/

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:23:49 +0100, "anderson"
wrote:

Not sure if I am allowed to let you know that I have cams/disks for the Elna
Swiftmatic/Air Electronic SU on offer on
e-Bay at the moment. If not, I sincerely apologise.

I have to give up machine knitting and sewing because of ill-health and I
have had a lot of pleasure and information from this newsgroup.

Old July 15th 03, 03:01 AM

W.Boyce wrote:

Are those little rules that important? (A rhetorical question, no need
for anyone to answer)

Yup, they are. If they weren't in existence, this NG would have a very
unfavorable signal-to-noise ratio.

Melinda, who thought the OP's post was borderline between acceptable and
not acceptable, because it should not have included the item for sale
but neither did it include the price
--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old July 15th 03, 02:32 PM
SunshineSue

Woah, aren't we testy.

IMS simply stated the facts. "Sorry for your health issues" is just
that. Then IMS went on to address the real problem - the ad in the
post.

As to Kate, it was Kate's husband who posted Kate's "health issue,"
and he kept it to the issue of Kate's health. He didn't also try to
point us to a sale he had going on eBay.

IMS's statements were not offensive at all. Offensive is: "You're
health issues are bogus, don't post ads here you nincompoop!"

Regular users of this group know that ads are a no-no, and yes, if it
weren't for those little rules, the Internet wouldn't exist and
neither would the NGs which we all claim to enjoy so much.