Bamboo threads

Old June 19th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Bamboo threads

My thread shop lady showed me a Bamboo thread ,,,, i bought 1 ball to
tryt it all ,, it seems better for knitting than for crocheting ,,,,,
anyone tried it ? any comments ? will it do well for bags ? summer
shirts ???? how is the `fall ` of the material ?
mirjam
Old June 19th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Hi Mirjam,

I made the Clapotis shawl out of Bamboo yarn (from Southwest Trading
Company). It is very drapy. The shawl seems to weigh more than the average
lace shawl but it feels very light and cool to wear. It is nice for hot
sticky weather because the fibers do not stick to sweaty skin!

Here are some patterns for Bamboo yarn:
http://www.soysilk.com/patterns/womens.html#bamboo

Enjoy!

LauraJ

Old June 19th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MayQueen

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
My thread shop lady showed me a Bamboo thread ,,,, i bought 1 ball to
tryt it all ,, it seems better for knitting than for crocheting ,,,,,
anyone tried it ? any comments ? will it do well for bags ? summer
shirts ???? how is the `fall ` of the material ?
mirjam

From what I have seen of it, it looks like it would be great for a
summer top or shawl, but not a bag.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Old June 19th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 18, 11:14 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
My thread shop lady showed me a Bamboo thread ,,,, i bought 1 ball to
tryt it all ,, it seems better for knitting than for crocheting ,,,,,
anyone tried it ? any comments ? will it do well for bags ? summer
shirts ???? how is the `fall ` of the material ?
mirjam

I bought some, but have not yet had time to use it. I plan to knit
socks
with it. They told me at the yarn store that it knits up very nicely.

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 20th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you ladies i played with it yesterday ,,, crocheting wasn`t too
great [ it was a bit sloppy, But knitting it it flowed in my hands i
tried several patterns ,, with the lacy one icould use easily biggeer
needle than recommended [ label said 3.5 mm, i tried 5 for plain
knittting got 2 stiches per cm , and than tried no 6 for lacy pattern
looked and felt fine , but i haven`t measured it`s guague ,,,
mirjam

On Jun 18, 11:14 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
My thread shop lady showed me a Bamboo thread ,,,, i bought 1 ball to
tryt it all ,, it seems better for knitting than for crocheting ,,,,,
anyone tried it ? any comments ? will it do well for bags ? summer
shirts ???? how is the `fall ` of the material ?
mirjam

I bought some, but have not yet had time to use it. I plan to knit
socks
with it. They told me at the yarn store that it knits up very nicely.

Higs,
Katherine

UK supplier of bamboo buttons? Helen ST Yarn 1 February 15th 07 09:40 PM
Horrid bamboo Olwyn Mary Yarn 22 July 1st 06 01:43 AM
Working with Bamboo? Phylis Maurer Needlework 1 April 28th 05 04:14 PM
bamboo hooks Anna MCM Yarn 11 September 12th 04 06:40 PM
Bamboo Yarn Rebekah Yarn 4 February 1st 04 03:25 PM