@%#(*%&#$#%# Buttericks/McCalls/Vogue and lack of men's patterns

Old September 27th 03, 12:55 AM
duh who

Default @%#(*%&#$#%# Buttericks/McCalls/Vogue and lack of men's patterns

!%$*%*#$(%(% (x)*#%$#%$~!

damn it.

Old September 27th 03, 09:58 PM
Irene

There, there, poor thing. It must be "that time of the month" and
your hormones are acting up, eh?

So when you are feeling yourself again, go ahead and post something
like" anybody got men's patterns in size___ to share?" and you might
actually get somewhere...

!%$*%*#$(%(% (x)*#%$#%$~!

Old September 27th 03, 11:41 PM
Kate Dicey

duh who wrote:

!%$*%*#$(%(% (x)*#%$#%$~!

damn it.

The Vogue man's suit pattern is good. Try KwikSew - they have some good
men's patterns. Burda also do more men's patterns, but the style may be
a little too 'European' for USA tastes.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 28th 03, 12:52 AM
Penny S

duh who scrawled in bright red lipstick:
!%$*%*#$(%(% (x)*#%$#%$~!

damn it.

I feel the same way, and avoid them like the plague. Have you tried a
Kwik-sew yet? They are pretty fool proof.

Penny S

Old September 28th 03, 02:45 AM
duh who

"Irene" wrote in message
m...
There, there, poor thing. It must be "that time of the month" and
your hormones are acting up, eh?

Leave me alone, or I'll type on the top row again. I'm warning you.

So when you are feeling yourself again, go ahead and post something
like" anybody got men's patterns in size___ to share?" and you might
actually get somewhere...

anybody got men's patterns in size 42 to share?

Ok, I"m waiting.....still waiting.......still waiting....

Old September 28th 03, 06:32 AM

duh who wrote:

anybody got men's patterns in size 42 to share?

Ok, I"m waiting.....still waiting.......still waiting....

Have you thought of Wild Ginger's Pattern Master Tailor Made?

http://wildginger.com/PRODUCTS/pmdes...htm#tailormade

Melinda the Wild Ginger cheerleader

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old September 28th 03, 01:49 PM
Kate Dicey

duh who wrote:

"Irene" wrote in message
m...
There, there, poor thing. It must be "that time of the month" and
your hormones are acting up, eh?

Leave me alone, or I'll type on the top row again. I'm warning you.

So when you are feeling yourself again, go ahead and post something
like" anybody got men's patterns in size___ to share?" and you might
actually get somewhere...

anybody got men's patterns in size 42 to share?

Ok, I"m waiting.....still waiting.......still waiting....

Is that 42" chest or a European size 42? They are different...

For a 42" chest, yes, several: that's DH's size. I have some nice
outdoors garment patterns (think Polartec) a couple of shirts, a suit
patterns (also useful for sports jackets and slacks), waistcoat
patterns... Just email me and I can send you some pix to chose from.
Yes, I lend my patterns internationally: conditions on application!
Also advice on copying and altering patterns.
Old September 28th 03, 04:37 PM
CW

That's where it should be anyway.

Old September 28th 03, 07:00 PM
duh who

"CW" wrote in message
That's where it should be anyway.

I'm talking about the top row of the keyboard. Which brings up that other
issue. I notice that everyone here top-posts, i.e. answers other posts by
typing at the top of the page. From my experience with other newsgroups,
this is frowned upon and is very annoying to deal with. So, is the
netiquette different for the sewing groups?

I figured I'd cover my bases here by typing in the middle.

Old September 28th 03, 07:27 PM

duh who wrote:

I'm talking about the top row of the keyboard. Which brings up that other
issue. I notice that everyone here top-posts, i.e. answers other posts by
typing at the top of the page. From my experience with other newsgroups,
this is frowned upon and is very annoying to deal with. So, is the
netiquette different for the sewing groups?

The netiquette is different here because we are more tolerant. The
argument about top vs. bottom posting is akin to the argument about
which way to place toilet paper on the roll, with the paper coming off
the top or the bottom. Everybody will always be convinced that their
way is right, and really unless you have particular circumstances (in
our case a cat who bats at the roll) there really is no one right answer.

Melinda, who does both depending on how much she is quoting and how much
she is writing