klutz glove

Old October 25th 03, 07:09 AM
Joe and Maria

Default klutz glove

Just wondering if what those of you who own a Klutz glove think about it.
Does it seem bulky and get in the way?

Thanks,

Maria in Wisconsin

Old October 25th 03, 07:15 AM
nzl*

whats a klutz glove?
jeanne

"Joe and Maria" wrote...

Old October 25th 03, 01:12 PM
Elena

http://www.fonsandporter.com/storefront/klutzglove.html

Sounds awful to me (for quilting). You can also get chain mail gloves from
meat and fish packing suppliers. I just think keeping your fingers away
from the edge before you swoosh that cutter down the line would do it. If
you are struggling to cut fabric that hard, then you need to change
something else in your technique.

Elena, having come close by slicing fingernails off.

"nzl*" wrote in message
whats a klutz glove?
jeanne

"Joe and Maria" wrote...

Old October 25th 03, 02:13 PM
frood

I bought one for my DD#1 (she's 11 - oops, 12 today!) to avoid accidents
while she is gaining experience rotary cutting. I tried it on, and found the
fingers too tight around, but they were way long in the finger.

I wouldn't use one for me, but as a teaching/safety tool for beginners, I
like the idea.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 25th 03, 03:45 PM
Taria

You can get a guard to go on your rotary rulers. It is clear
and sticks on. I think Walmart has them. I have a long ruler
I have one on. It makes the ruler a bit bulkier than without
the guard but it is safer.
TAria

Old October 25th 03, 05:58 PM
Anne

since you snuck in the birthday, I'll sneak in the Happy Birthday ;-)
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Old October 25th 03, 08:23 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I've had one on my ruler for years and love it. Makes me feel better.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old October 25th 03, 08:55 PM
Diana Curtis

Happy Birthday DD#! !!! Many happy returns of the day!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
m...

Old October 25th 03, 09:12 PM
frood

She says thanks. It was Miss Fussy Rose's birthday last Friday, and her
party is tomorrow.

--

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Happy Birthday DD#! !!! Many happy returns of the day!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
m...