Snap tape

Old September 27th 04, 03:44 PM
Atom1

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
Cat solvent! Ouch, that made my face ache with the giggles! But I do

This is only relevant that there are so many cat people on the board- turn
your volume down or you'll have have everyone wondering what the..?
http://www.evo.hr/cat/

Enjoy.

Michelle
Italy

Old September 27th 04, 04:33 PM
Sarah Dixon

Hi, I have a toddler and I find that fleece jumpers are fantastic.
They're less expensive than wool, easier to wash and dry (they dry so
quick), I can have dark colours that don't stain when smeared with pasta
bolognese etc and don't have to worry about the colours running when I
wash them!
He does now have a fleece blanket in bed, although when he was tiny he
didn't. He will go and get his fleece blanket from the cupboard if we
try to give him a different type of blanket - I think because fleece
blankets are so soft and snuggly

sarah
Old September 27th 04, 08:03 PM
Tom Farrell

Karen Maslowski wrote in message .. .
Geez, Tom, I wasn't saying that I wouldn't wear anything that I'd put a
kid in, or vice versa.

Okay. I wouldn't put any child in anything I wouldn't wear myself. I
wouldn't put myself in anything I wouldn't put on a child. (I would
use a more restrictive set of fabrics for newborns, however, just for
softness purposes.)

frankly, I'd put any child, but especially a newborn, into natural
fibers over synthetic, any day. And that's what I prefer to wear myself.

Okay. That's internally consistent, and that's what I wasn't seeing in
your earlier post. My apologies if I seem a bit too vehiment.

As to the relative merits of Polarfleece vs. other types--if you buy a
fleece sleeper at a store, or buy fleece yardage at one of the chain
stores (Jo-Ann, Wal-Mart, Handcocks, etc.), you are not likely to get
real Polarfleece.

Fortunately, I just go to Malden Mills in person and buy Polartec.

Even LL Bean, a company that used to use more
Polarfleece than almost any other, no longer uses just their fleece.

I've stopped buying LL Bean clothes anyway because a member of the
Bean family, who are, I believe, still the owners (or large
shareholders at least), has donated large amounts of money to anti-gay
causes. The company itself is very progressive, but the Bean family
aren't, and I don't want them profiting from my purchases.

It's a pity so many companies are using cheaper fleece. Polartec
really is a superior fabric. It's soft, light, warm, looks like
velvet, and STAYS THAT WAY AFTER REPEATED WASHINGS. I've used other
fleeces, but nothing else is as luxurious.

Anyone who takes what you quoted on the Malden Mills website as
assurance that *no* fleece is flammable is literally playing with fire.

Absolutely. And, for what it's worth, I do really intend to find a
scrap of Polartec in my stash sometime and burn it to see what
happens. I'll post about it after I get around to it.

Tom Farrell
http://www.SewingWithTom.com/
Old September 27th 04, 09:24 PM
Pogonip

FtForger wrote:

My cat also loves the shower, the toilet, the sink etc. As far as sewing
goes...he wants to lay either on the pattern, or the cloth I am
attempting to lay out for cutting...

.....or on the newspaper, magazine, or book that you are
reading. Not to mention how helpful they are when you are
speaking on the telephone.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old September 27th 04, 09:40 PM
Karen Maslowski

snip for what it's worth, I do really intend to find a
scrap of Polartec in my stash sometime and burn it to see what
happens. I'll post about it after I get around to it.

Tom Farrell
http://www.SewingWithTom.com/

Tom, I just did this with a piece of what I know for a fact is Polartec
100. It does burn, and it does indeed melt (made a mess on my patio,
too). For what it's worth, it did not catch fire quite as easily as
other, non-Malden products, but it did catch fire, and when it caught it
burned in just the same way as the other stuff, melting into a thick
black syrup.

FYI,
Karen in Ohio

Old September 30th 04, 10:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:36:12 GMT, FtForger wrote:
My cat also loves the shower, the toilet, the sink etc. As far as sewing
goes...he wants to lay either on the pattern, or the cloth I am
attempting to lay out for cutting...

You do know that Hindering and Hampering is an officially designated
Olympic catsport, right? And about the Bad Kitty list?
http://www.badpets.net/BadPets/BadKitty.html

Kay, butler to cats

Old October 3rd 04, 01:26 PM
Liz

Have you seen PawSense? Supposedly it works...
http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/

Liz

"Juliette" wrote in message
snip
She's also very helpful around the computer and
likes to sit in front of the monitor, or lie on top of it with
her tail swishing across the screen and she does love typing and
changing my settings. She has such dainty little paws that she
presses just one key at a time as she dances across my keyboard.

Juliette

Old October 3rd 04, 01:58 PM
Kate Dicey

Liz wrote:

Have you seen PawSense? Supposedly it works...
http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/

Liz

Hehehehehehe!

--