Newbie Mistakes

Old September 11th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

Default Newbie Mistakes

wrote in message
ups.com...
No one bats 1000!! No even Barry Bonds!!!

Did ya ferget about yer bud, Brady? LOL!

Old September 12th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Sep 11, 10:56 am, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...
No one bats 1000!! No even Barry Bonds!!!

Did ya ferget about yer bud, Brady? LOL!

Oh yeah...fergot all about Mr. Someday. Poor guy, wonder what he's up
to these days.

Old September 12th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

ups.com...
wrote in message

ups.com...
No one bats 1000!! No even Barry Bonds!!!

Did ya ferget about yer bud, Brady? LOL!

Oh yeah...fergot all about Mr. Someday. Poor guy, wonder what he's up
to these days.

Ah...he's still ranting and raving on one of the beadmaking forums about
people using screen names and American politics. I think he's been banned
from everyplace else in the glass world.

Old September 12th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Andy wrote:

You might try coloring in the design with colored pencils before even
start cutting glass...sometimes it gives me a better idea as to what
the project is going to really look like plus it's a good time to make
any changes if need be.

***************
Thank you for the suggestion. I finally parted with the cash for a
Professional version of Dragonfly's Glass Eye software. It's got
pictures of most of the Spectrum and Kokomo glass that can be used to
color in the pieces. A great option not available in the standard
version.

Michael

Old September 17th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

My daughter has her bathroom done with a beach and sea theme. She's
got a small octagon window sorta high up so I made a tropical fish
window for it. I was installing the window with some quarter-round
pine and after the inner pieces were fixed, I put the window in and
the first piece of quarter-round to hold it in. The inner pieces I
nailed, but these outer pieces I planned on screwing in so that I
could remove it occasionally for cleaning. I drove the screw into the
trim with my drill and it resisted something fierce but then held. I
looked down to get another screw and the trim piece fell off and
instinctively I put my hand up to keep the panel from falling out and
I broke the skinny long piece that I knew was a serious weakness.

Kick me, please.

Michael

Old September 17th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Incidentally, if you are interested in seeing what my new window looks
like, cracked et al, here's a link.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=after_1.jpg

This is the first window I've put together in many, many years. It
looks attractive enough in place, but the workmanship is shabby. I've
got some coming up to speed to do.

Oh! Something that is of mild interest. The cuts for the fish eyes
were cut on my nice new grinder using the 1/4" grinding bit as a drill
and then reaming it out a little more.

Michael