The wedding.

Old August 26th 03, 12:15 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default The wedding.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:57:49 -0500, Aud wrote:
I have not forgotten that I promised you to tell about my DS'
wedding!

July 26. DS Eivind got married to our sweet DIL Berthe
in Spind church, Farsund, at the South Coast of Norway!

We had a wonderful summer this year, lots of sun,
but that week end the sun had a "vacation.." !

Thursday the party tent was raised,
and we realised that it was nessesary to make a floor
if the rain came (the forecast said *flow*!!!)
Hard work, but we made it!
That night was WET!!! The tent looked as
an island at the "lawn-sea", but the floor was dry!

Friday was the day of "Get Known" party (I don't know
what you would call it, but the guests
who had come from different parts of Norway, was invited
to an unformal outdoor party by the seaside.
More than 50 people came, mostly friends of the bride and groome.
Nice to meet friends I just had heard about,
and may be even more nice to meet friends I hadn't seen for several
years!
Late in the evening the rain came,
but it is possible to "stuff" lots of young people
in a small room, as long as they like to be together!

*THE* day, Saturday, more rain. We was a bit worried.
Our plan was to have dinner and coffe in the tent,
dance in the barn, and at the lawn and yard.
And THIS seemed to turn out to be an *indoor* happening!

I think we had planned everything, and everything was successful,
except for the one thing we could not plan.
But afterwards we realised
that the weather was not THAT important after all!

Some of my WEBShot picktures:

Here we are in spind church.
Berthes grandmother and her oldest son in front.
http://tinyurl.com/l5ux

Here comes the BRIDE.... and her father,
and nephew and niece as "brudesvenn" and "brudepike (bridesmaid)"
http://tinyurl.com/l5ur

And here is the bride and groom!
THIS PICTURE IS special for you , RCTY-people,
ladies and gents: The brides dress is KNITTED!!!
A youg designer in Oslo has designed it to her
and made it Machine knitted)
Off white with some copper threads and copper coloured beads.
Beautiful! http://tinyurl.com/l5v5

Detail: http://tinyurl.com/l5va

After the church, the rain stopped for a while (prayers help!)
and the bride and groom got home in a proper way!
http://tinyurl.com/l5ve

The brides flower buket had copper beads (as in the dress)
"woven in" with thin metal threads, beautiful, but you see the
problem....
http://tinyurl.com/l5vm

Nearly 90 guest have taken their seets in the tent,
and the brides father wish everyone welcome
to the wedding dinner.
http://tinyurl.com/l5vq

There were lots of good and amusing speeches and songs,
and the dinner lasted for 3,5 hour!! The rain "hammered" on the
"roof"
and we were safe and sound and happy(!) inside!
After dinner: a breake with dancing, talking etc.
Then the traditional coffee table, as we use to have,
exspecially at the south and west coast.
http://tinyurl.com/l5vx

And here are WE! Very proud! http://tinyurl.com/l5vz

We left the party nearly 5 o'clock in the morning.
The rain had stopped, and for several hours we could be outside too!
http://tinyurl.com/l5w4

"The day after the night before!"
The sun has returned!
Breakfast for the guests in the tent.Brides mother, buisy!
(We are very happy with our sons M&FIL !!!)
http://tinyurl.com/l5w7

The first breakfast guest has arrived!
http://tinyurl.com/l5wb

And now we are sight seeing from sea!
(no more sun ;-))
Very populas, exspecially for the guest
who had never been to this part of the country!
http://tinyurl.com/l5wd

As you see, we have had a very successful wedding. Lots of work,
but pleasant. LOTS of good memories!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...87386038BaHVKb

If you still hang on, SMILE to you all from AUD,
who has been extreemly buisy
this first weeks of a new school year! ;-))

(http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44)

Wow, Aud, thanks for the description and the pix!
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old August 26th 03, 12:40 AM
JW

And now we are sight seeing from sea!
(no more sun ;-))
Very populas, exspecially for the guest
who had never been to this part of the country!
http://tinyurl.com/l5wd

Aud,

My dad has a hat just like the one the bride's father (I'm guessing?) is
wearing in this photo! It makes him (my dad) look very Scandinavian. (He's
100% Danish.)

Beautiful wedding! Beautiful pictures!!! I'm glad you had a great time
despite the bad weather. The scenery (even with the clouds) looks
absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing!

Jenn

Old August 26th 03, 07:32 AM
Anna MCM

Aud wrote:

I have not forgotten that I promised you to tell about my DS' wedding!

July 26. DS Eivind got married to our sweet DIL Berthe
in Spind church, Farsund, at the South Coast of Norway!

We had a wonderful summer this year, lots of sun,
but that week end the sun had a "vacation.." !

Hej Aud!

Thanks for the wonderful pics!

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old August 26th 03, 08:36 AM
Ophelia

Thank you for sharing Aud) I have enjoyed it very much

What a beautiful dress too)

Ophelia

Old August 26th 03, 09:40 AM
G.Kelly

Thank you Aud for telling us about this wonderful day ( who worries about a
wet day on such an occasion !! ) and the pictures were just perfect - I
loved the bridal gown God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 26th 03, 06:51 PM
CMM PDX2

Aud - *gorgeous* pictures! Your son and Berthe looked so wonderful, and so did
you and your husband. Thanks for sharing!

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/
Old August 27th 03, 06:22 AM
Els van Dam

lovely photos, it must have been a great day......also fun to put a face
to the name, Lovely as well

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))