Doggie Diapers...?

Old August 25th 03, 02:30 PM
JW

Default Doggie Diapers...?

This might sound off-topic, but it's really not! lol I need a pattern
(crochet OR knit) for doggie diapers. We have 2 shetland sheepdogs, one is
spayed and one isn't. Until we get the other one spayed, it would be nice
to have something for her to wear in the house during "her time". ;o) I
could probably design something myself, but have so many other things going
(who doesn't, right??? lol), that it would be nice to find a pre-designed
pattern.

Can anyone help?

TIA,
Jenn

Old August 25th 03, 03:11 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

measure what her "waist" would be...most of the kids' underwear packages
have guides for the sizes

"JW" wrote in message
lol What a good idea!!! Now to figure out what size she would need. She
only weighs about 21 lbs.

Jenn

"Sew-Sew Lady" wrote in message
gy.com...
The best/least expensive solution I've ever seen, was boys' underwear.

Some
friends have a chocolate lab (not a small dog!) and during her "time"

they
always put boys' underwear on her (her tail goes through the front).

Old August 25th 03, 04:03 PM
SlinkyToy

Why reinvent the wheel? PetsMart sells 'em, so does http://kvvet.com

Old August 25th 03, 06:02 PM
Allaya Diep

The boy's underwear sounds like a great idea! I would also fold up an
old wash cloth for extra absorbancy, just for good measure.

I recently attended a baby class, and the topic of diapering came up. One
proud father-to-be raised his hand and asserted that he had been practicing
and was successful at diapering the cat. Just thought I'd share that with
you. If anything, it tells you that newborn sized diapers fit an average
sized cat...

Allaya

Old August 26th 03, 01:35 PM
JW

Thanks for the info! I know that the vet encouraged us to have her spayed
if we weren't going to have another litter with her. (She's had one.) She
is 4 years old.

She is very timid and wasn't socialized as a puppy, so when we got her, her
weight dropped and we had all kinds of problems like that with her at first.
She has only been in heat once since we've had her (2 years). But, we
recently got one of her "daughters" and she has become more active and put
on more weight again, so I'm betting that she will go into heat again soon.

Since we aren't really "educated" when it comes to dogs, it's nice to have
input such as yours to help us make decisions.

Thanks!
Jenn

Old August 26th 03, 02:39 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Wel Laura we had a neighbour who put little monthly shields on his
tiny dog when she was in Heat, it was very funny in an odd way .

mirjam

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:22:27 -0700, Laura Sullwold
wrote:

I'm laughing at the idea of diapers on any animal. I can't say I've ever
heard of it. It certainly would have been helpful when my ex-roommate had
two german shepherds who weren't potty trained. What a mess!

Laura

in article , Sew-Sew Lady at