New addition to the sewing machine family

Old August 4th 03, 03:48 AM
shhdesigns

Default New addition to the sewing machine family

Hi all
Went to an antique show with my friend Ethel today and found a cute toy
Singer sewing machine. It's a brown one and comes in it's own case. The
case is rust and cream. The sewing machine is more a mousey brown. It has
made in Canada
In fact I just found a webpage with the descripton and a picture on page
two. It's the Model IV, in what they call tan at
http://users.erols.com/quilts/singer1.htm
It was priced at CAD$90 and I got it for CAD$75!
I'm very pleased with my new baby, now to find a place to show it to
advantage.
Here is a picture of it with the case closed and set up. There is a bit of
damage to the case, but the great thing is it doesn't smell musty at all. I
guess I should make a little quilt to sit under it.
The other Singer I have is black Transition with a rectangular base. I'm
the proud original owner. I have the lid to the cardboard box and the
Singer 20 manual that is done cartoon style and is also called the Sewhandy
it's from the 1950's.
These two join my other toy machine a blue KAYanEE Sewmaster. It looks like
the ones with the dome lid, but does not have a lid. The picture on the box
does not show a lid to the machine.
http://users.erols.com/quilts/kayanee1.htm
I guess it's time to find a small toy sewing machine corner for my sewing
room right.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old August 4th 03, 03:51 AM
shhdesigns

oops, forgot the url for the case pic...
http://users.erols.com/quilts/singer4.htm

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
. ca...

Old August 6th 03, 01:57 AM
Shawn

Hi Sandy,

Sounds like you found yourself a treasure! I think a miniature quilt for
would be perfect. When I found out about the antique show going on I was
torn between going to Seattle or staying home and going to the antique show!

Thanks for your great directions. I found 'In the Beginning' and managed to
increase my stash yet again. I did promise myself I was only picking up a
few FQ's that I needed but ended up getting a few yards of some gorgeous
flannel in a pansy print. Another project on the 'to do list' :-)

Shawn

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca