Not OT : Woe is Mz Butterfly

Old July 22nd 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Not OT : Woe is Mz Butterfly

Our Mz Butterfly has a new ISP, and cannot access the ng. She doesn't
want to go through Google [like I do] 'cause she has problems with it.

She is asking someone to email her at and help
her out, please.

Ginger in CA
just the messenger her
Old July 22nd 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Interesting that you should post this now. I was just search the group to
find the name of the server that several on ATT have switched to when ATT
dropped USENET. Help me too, please.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old July 22nd 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

tools/accounts/news tab
click add
put
news.aioe.org
in for the server,
put in a totally bogus email addy and return addy
click apply and/or ok whatever shows there.
news.aioe.org should then show up on the left of box under inbox, outbox,
etc.
now click on tools/newgroups
should then tell you to ok downloading the looooong list of ngs available.
this only need be done once but it is a long list so depending on your
connection speed should be done in a few minutes.
then you can go into tools/options/signature tab.
be sure the signature text you enter is just for news, a box or dot to mark
somewhere there.
to show your real addy in your siggy, type it in with at for @ and dot for .
like i'd have nzstar at yahoo dot com
click apply/ok whatever that has.
then close and reopen the whole program.
now click on tools/newsgroups, enter quilt to search for rctq, should only
give one result.
click on subscribe and thats all there is to do.
rctq will then show on left side menu under news.aioe.org
subscribing is only for your program to know what ng you want to read.
if you want others go back to the search and find whatever you fancy and
subscribe, they'll show under rctq on the side menu.
holler if you get stuck,
j.

Old July 22nd 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

replied to mz B with into for aioe connection.
j.

"Ginger in CA" wrote...

Old July 22nd 09, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

Hi Mary,
It's www.eternal-september.org, formerly motzarella.
Liz

Old July 22nd 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

ok, i forgot that one as you have to register to use that server.
you can put in both eternal-september and aioe.
gives you higher chance of not missing any posts.
j.

"Liz Megerle" wrote...

Old July 22nd 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_2_]

That's the one I switched to from AT&T & have no complaints about it so far.

Pauline
Northern California

Butterfly Gen Quilting 0 May 9th 08 08:46 PM
Looking for Butterfly Dave D Quilting 31 November 20th 04 03:27 AM
Butterfly - ..Mickie Swall.. Quilting 2 January 18th 04 01:54 PM
For Butterfly and other Butterfly lovers Flossy Quilting 3 January 13th 04 12:13 AM
Maria Van Scharrenburg's Emerging Butterfly and Butterfly at Rest Judi Canaan Needlework 0 November 20th 03 07:09 PM