Luciano OT

Old September 6th 07, 12:42 PM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default Luciano OT

I mourn today. I first heard him as an adult. I was working in a
customers home and she was playing his records. I was moved to tears. Until
then my musical taste was mostly stuck in oldies & rock n roll. My friends
and family were shocked when I became an opera fan, but more so a Pavarotti
fan. It even made me learn some Italian. His voice was for the ages. Rest
well maestro...

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 6th 07, 04:00 PM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
jrogow

"glassman" wrote in message
I mourn today. I first heard him as an adult. I was working in a
customers home and she was playing his records. I was moved to tears.
Until then my musical taste was mostly stuck in oldies & rock n roll. My
friends and family were shocked when I became an opera fan, but more so a
Pavarotti fan. It even made me learn some Italian. His voice was for the
ages. Rest well maestro...

A magnificent man, an incredible lust for life, a voice for the ages.

I, too, mourn his loss.

Old September 6th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
bob

I never did understatnd That opera, but I saw mindi Abair on Jerry lewis
telethon last year and so I know what its like to go ga ga over someone.

Old September 6th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
Matt

"glassman" wrote in message
I mourn today. I first heard him as an adult. I was working in a
customers home and she was playing his records. I was moved to tears.
Until then my musical taste was mostly stuck in oldies & rock n roll. My
friends and family were shocked when I became an opera fan, but more so a
Pavarotti fan. It even made me learn some Italian. His voice was for the
ages. Rest well maestro...

My own father passed last year at the young age of 73. 71 is too young
also. His was a voice for the ages. In my other life away from this group
I'm a high school choral director. He was truly the last of his kind.
RIP

Old September 7th 07, 02:54 AM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Ritchie" :

I was never much into opera but when an icon like LP passes away yes the
world is one less magnificent person.

I too was never an opera fan. But a beautiful voice is a beautiful
voice. First Beverly and now him.

He was referred to on the radio this afternoon as "probably the
greatest voice in three generations". My uncle had a 78 of Caruso.
Yes, they were on par with each other.
--
dillon

Elvis is still dead
Old September 8th 07, 02:47 AM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
Thus spake "Ritchie" :

I was never much into opera but when an icon like LP passes away yes the
world is one less magnificent person.

I too was never an opera fan. But a beautiful voice is a beautiful
voice. First Beverly and now him.

He was referred to on the radio this afternoon as "probably the
greatest voice in three generations". My uncle had a 78 of Caruso.
Yes, they were on par with each other.
--
dillon

Luciano had ultimate respect for him and always called Caruso "the best
of all of us".. but... having listened to both sing the same songs many
times, Pavarotti was that much better.

Old September 8th 07, 07:35 AM posted to alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets,alt.tv.scifi.channel,alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.crafts.glass
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

"glassman" wrote in message
I mourn today. I first heard him as an adult. I was working in a
customers home and she was playing his records. I was moved to tears.
Until then my musical taste was mostly stuck in oldies & rock n roll. My
friends and family were shocked when I became an opera fan, but more so a
Pavarotti fan. It even made me learn some Italian. His voice was for the
ages. Rest well maestro...

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

RIP, but I'm more bummed that Max Roach is gone. He passed away 8/16 in
NYC.