OT Quick pasta salad

Old December 7th 05, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Quick pasta salad

IT was too hot to cook dinner last night, so I 'invented' a
pasta salad...

roughly it is
spiral pasta
salmon
corn
celery
carrot
chives
ceaser salad dressing
mayonaise

For us (2 adults, 1 toddler) it was about 80g wholemeal pasta
210g tin salmon (I only had pink on hand, tasted okay)
approx. 1/4 cup corn kernels
approx. 1 stick of celery
1 carrot diced
a reasonable sprinkle of dried chives
approx. 50/50 mix of dressing and mayo, enough to get things
to stick together a bit.

Cook the pasta drain, rinse and cool. Cook corn (I have frozen
corn) then chill (you could used a small tin corn kernels).
Chill the salmon (I didn't have the salmon in the fridge as I
normally use it in a pasta bake). Chop celery and carrot.
Mix all together and serve.

It went down well!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 7th 05, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Melinda, on the same aisle as the salmon in cans, look for salmon in foil
packs. It tastes MUCH better than the canned stuff (just a tad more pricey)
and NO "gooky" stuff (bones, skin).

Old December 7th 05, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

lisa skeen wrote:
Melinda, on the same aisle as the salmon in cans, look for salmon in foil
packs. It tastes MUCH better than the canned stuff (just a tad more pricey)
and NO "gooky" stuff (bones, skin).

I like the bones!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Old December 7th 05, 11:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 06:48:14 GMT, "lisa skeen"
wrote:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww nasty. You're kidding, right?

Lisa (who even debones sardines)

The bones are really good for you - lots of nice calcium. They
leave the bones in, in the tins of pilchard here. It took me a while
to get used to that one. The audience who really loves boney pilchard
is the crowd who remembers the war. I worked in several different
nursing homes when I lived in England, and they like pilchard on toast
and crumpets, etc. Everyone was encouraged to eat the bones during
wartime (waste not, want not) and it's good for you anyway.
I was diligently trying to pick them all out one day (privately
appalled when I opened the tin and there they all were...) but the
English folks assured me it was not a mistake!
Left to my own devices, I used to pick the brown bits of the salmon
out, as well, the layer between the pink flesh and the skin. My
sister nipped my head about that one day, going on and on about how
it's high in omega 3 oils and all the rest of it. So now I eat that
as well. Older sisters know everything.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 7th 05, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

so do I Melinda, love 'em

Dee in Oz

Old December 7th 05, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

lisa skeen wrote:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww nasty. You're kidding, right?

Lisa (who even debones sardines)

No, salmon bones are edible.

--
Melinda