Experimenting with GOLD and SILVER

Old August 24th 04, 04:44 AM
Dennis Bicknell

Default Experimenting with GOLD and SILVER

Hi Heather

I have just read you message, in the news group. I am a designer jeweller,
and might be able to help with the things you are trying to do.

You can melt silver and gold quite easily with a small crucible and a hand
torch, as long as you don't try to melt too much at once. Put the metal
with the flux into the crucible and heat it with the torch. The trick is to
keep the flame moving over the metal all the time so that the whole of the
metal heats up gradually.

When the metal has melted, pour it out carefully into a metal mould and once
it has cooled you can put it into the pickle to clean it before starting to
work it.

You can buy crucibles from "Cooksons" / "Exchange Findings".

Kind regards

Hela Bonnell
..
Silver and Gold? Gemfyre Beads 9 June 11th 04 12:46 AM
Question on Silver and Gold Candace Beads 4 April 27th 04 04:38 PM
removing the gold plating Eddie Jewelry 5 April 14th 04 02:41 AM
Patina questions (silver and gold) cheyenne weil Jewelry 1 March 29th 04 12:34 AM