Blocking

Old August 3rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Default Blocking

Thanks again, Laura. Your scarf is beautiful and well done. I can see the
advantage to having 1' squares rather than 2' squares
--
Jan in MN

"Laura J" wrote ...
26 squares, about 1 sqft. each.

Here is my Branching Out scarf blocking on the foam squares:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/4...28b401.jpg?v=0

LauraJ

"Jan" wrote...
Thanks for the tip, Laura. How many did you get for $17?

--
Jan in MN

"Laura J" wrote ...
Jan,

I have found them at Lowe's for $17. We got them for our living room
floor (we have all hardwood) when my daughter was learning to sit up on
her own. She didn't seem to mind me borrowing them once in a while for
blocking on the dining room table Another thing that is nice about
them is that you can arrange them in different shapes for blocking long
scarves, triangular shawls, etc.

LauraJ

Old August 3rd 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi Laura what a beautiful scarf, well done you it is absolutely lovely
higz cher

"Jan" wrote in message
Thanks for the tip, Laura. How many did you get for $17?

--
Jan in MN

"Laura J" wrote ...
Jan,

I have found them at Lowe's for $17. We got them for our living room
floor (we have all hardwood) when my daughter was learning to sit up on
her own. She didn't seem to mind me borrowing them once in a while for
blocking on the dining room table Another thing that is nice about
them is that you can arrange them in different shapes for blocking long
scarves, triangular shawls, etc.

LauraJ

"Jan" wrote in message
"hesira" wrote...
Hi Mary,

The interlocking foam pieces are about 2 foot square each, and work
quite well. One doesn't need a playroom or children to own these. A
pi shawl blocking would take up as much room on these as it would on a
bed or a futon, so the space really isn't an issue.

What I like best about these is you can block small things one one
square or go as large as you need by adding more pieces. They can
also be moved around making them more flexible than furniture or a
floor.

Hesira

Where do you get these?

--
Jan in MN

Old August 4th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Laura J" wrote in message news:VdLsi.46$mw4.22@trndny09...
26 squares, about 1 sqft. each.

Here is my Branching Out scarf blocking on the foam squares:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/4...28b401.jpg?v=0

LauraJ

Wow, Laura... that scarf is gorgeous! Congratulations! )

*hugs*
Gem

Old August 6th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

[[[Blush]]] Thanks Jan, Cher and Gem! And I wasn't even showing it off -
just giving Jan an example of how those squares are used.

LauraJ

Old August 6th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Oh well LauraJ you must allow us to allow you to show off, that is as I say
lovely...where did the pattern come from????

higz Cher

Old August 6th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Thanks, Hesira and Cher! I believe I have showed it off in the past, it's
just been a while I gave it to my mother for Mother's Day and she said
she loved it. I don't know if she ever wears it (the yarn matches a pair of
socks I made for her the previous Christmas) but I thought she could use it
somewhere around the house.

Cher, the pattern is knitty's Branching Out:
http://www.knitty.com/issuespring05/...nchingout.html I think a bunch
of people here have done it. It was a nice beginner lace project which I
really enjoyed. I'd like to try another one but, unfortunately, I don't
have much use for lace in my life right now! I already have several shawls
I never wear. Maybe when my toddler gets old enough for playing dress up
they will finally get some use!

LauraJ

k...

Old August 7th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

On Aug 4, 10:41 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Laura J" wrote in messagenews:VdLsi.46$mw4.22@trndny09...
26 squares, about 1 sqft. each.

Here is my Branching Out scarf blocking on the foam squares:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/4...28b401.jpg?v=0

LauraJ

Wow, Laura... that scarf is gorgeous! Congratulations! )

*hugs*
Gem

Oh that's gorgeous! You should be very proud.

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in Connecticut

Blocking Wooly Yarn 9 January 23rd 06 09:04 PM
Sock-blocking? spampot Yarn 4 April 16th 05 10:09 PM
Blocking question K. Reece Yarn 4 July 3rd 04 04:10 AM
Blocking Laura Yarn 7 April 3rd 04 09:40 PM
blocking SlinkyToy Yarn 3 September 9th 03 03:42 PM