Hey, I'm alive!

Old October 29th 04, 02:02 PM
Jeanne Burton

Default Hey, I'm alive!

Hi, all...I wonder if anyone remembers me? I dropped off the face of
the earth last year, due to a LOT of stuff. Heck, there were a couple
months I didn't even talk to TINK...but now I actually am in a
position where I'm back.

First, Ron and I split up. I rented a small house, but ended up only
staying a couple of months in it before I realized that I couldn't
afford it (Jeep/Daimler Chrysler has cut off my disability and though
I'm fighting it, I have no income coming from them and haven't for
about a year) so, since my sister and I were spending 4 or 5 nights
together anyway, she told me I should move in with her. She has a
dormer/loft upstairs in her house that's 15x30 feet that NOBODY had
set foot in for 6 years, and that's my "private space". But what I
really do is help her with her kids. So, after all these years, I'm
raising a 3 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. Again. Wow. I love
these children with a passion. They're intelligent, articulate,
wonderful kids, and I believe I'm enriching their lives as much as
they're enriching mine. I get Wayne off to school every morning, have
Sarah every minute I'm not at work (I have a job at Hancock Fabrics,
where I"m the "home decor consultant" and I'm GOOD at it. I just wish
I made more money because I LOVE it!)

Erin, my daughter, is still trying to have another baby, but no luck
so far. She got pregnant last June but miscarried at 3-4 weeks. She
now has her own Bath and Bodyworks store, making her the youngest shop
director in 5 states and one of the 5 youngest in the corporation.

I haven't done any beading in the past few months, because on top of
everything else, my car was stolen, and I lost ALL the contents of it,
including ALL my beads and books which were in the trunk.

They say that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger...I'm pretty
darned strong at the moment, then...

Jeanne
Old October 29th 04, 02:41 PM
Tinkster

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:02:18 -0400, Jeanne Burton
wrote:

Hi, all...I wonder if anyone remembers me? I dropped off the face of
the earth last year, due to a LOT of stuff. Heck, there were a couple
months I didn't even talk to TINK...but now I actually am in a
position where I'm back.

Jeanne, I can't tell you how good it is to see you posting! I've
missed you...

So, have you decided what we should do for our birthdays?????

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old October 29th 04, 03:11 PM
Sjpolyclay

Hi Jeanne! welcome back!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old October 29th 04, 05:13 PM
starlia

Hi Jeanne and welcome back. Sorry to hear about your car. That sucks big
time. Sounds like you really enjoy your niece and nephew. I'm sure you are
enriching their lives.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old October 29th 04, 06:29 PM
Valerie

Welcome back Jeanne! I'm so sorry to hear about all your misforutnes though.
I hope things will get better for you.

Valerie

--
RCB FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/faqrcb
RCB Member Links newest home: http://www.blackcatbeads.com/rcb.htm

Old October 29th 04, 06:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

Welcome back, Jeanne! How weird -- I was just thinking about you yesterday.
Sheesh!

I'm so sorry about the bad things and tragedies that have beset you and yours.
Becki had her beads stolen too, a few months ago (not all of them,
however)....but your books, too? That's just cruel.

I love the things you're doing now -- and the fact that you have a cozy space
in the home of a loved one. Good luck on obtaining your disability -- it seems
all employers fight that.

[...]

~~
Sooz
Yummy yummy apricot jam! (It's so much better than green eggs and ham)

Old October 29th 04, 07:56 PM
Beadbimbo

Welcome Back, Jeanne! We missed you! I hope things are turning for the
better. You've sure had a lot to deal with.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 29th 04, 08:38 PM
Christina Peterson

Welcome home. I think it's more like two years since you posted more than
occasionally.

You know, I was devastated when I was divorced after 18 years. I was still
in love, we had not been having any sort of discord, and it was completely
out of the blue. I was happily living in some sort of never-never land, and
was very undeveloped as a person, as an ego. I couldn't have known it then,
or believed the people who told me, but it was the best thing that could
have happened to me. Wow, that was 20 years ago. The journey was long and
hard but well worth it.

ALL your beads gone? ****!!! What kinds of beads do you use? I can't
remember whether you string or weave.

Tina

Old October 29th 04, 09:42 PM
Tinkster

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:56:47 -0400, "Beadbimbo"
wrote:

Welcome Back, Jeanne! We missed you! I hope things are turning for the
better. You've sure had a lot to deal with.

And Jeanne didn't even mention the surgeries she's had or any number
of other horrids. It really is nice to have you back, sweetie. Both
here and IRL...

Old October 30th 04, 12:23 AM
Jeanne Burton

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:38:34 -0800, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

Welcome home. I think it's more like two years since you posted more than
occasionally.

Maybe...a long time anyway...

You know, I was devastated when I was divorced after 18 years. I was still
in love, we had not been having any sort of discord, and it was completely
out of the blue. I was happily living in some sort of never-never land, and
was very undeveloped as a person, as an ego. I couldn't have known it then,
or believed the people who told me, but it was the best thing that could
have happened to me. Wow, that was 20 years ago. The journey was long and
hard but well worth it.

I had no warning this time either. It was weird. We went to sign a
lease on a house, and he said "I can't sign this. I want to leave" and
he did. But it's ok. I'm surviving.

ALL your beads gone? ****!!! What kinds of beads do you use? I can't
remember whether you string or weave.

Both...though I'm not really a polyclay fan.

Jeanne

I'm alive but... starlia Beads 8 May 12th 04 01:06 AM
AD: Alive & Auctions Quest Glass Studio Beads 26 March 23rd 04 06:57 AM
An update was- OT I'm alive Dr. Sooz Beads 4 July 9th 03 03:54 AM
OT I'm alive Christina Peterson Beads 14 July 7th 03 07:49 PM