?AD (more of a brag, really) and a big THANK YOU!

Old June 24th 04, 01:33 AM
Georgia

Default ?AD (more of a brag, really) and a big THANK YOU!

One of the main reasons I lurk in this newsgroup is to check out the eye
candy in people's ads and auction-surfing expeditions. (The other main
reason is Kathy N-V's stories, of course). So this is a big thank you!! to
everyone who posts.

I've kept quiet about this (not wanting to jinx anything?) for almost a
year, not even telling my family, or my craft guild, but I can't keep this
up indefinitely. One of those auction alerts was the inspiration for this
piece:
http://www.bead-designs.com/assets/p...ordfitBRSM.jpg
which this week was published in Suzanne Tourtillott's 400 Polymer Clay
Designs (Lark Publications).
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...1088036223/sr=
1-9/ref=sr_1_9/002-7331105-2680825?v=glance&s=books)
The auction was for a bracelet made of antique Japanese sword-fittings, and
the bidding went over $250. I am really glad I got slides made of this
piece, because it sold the first time I showed it.

I am supposed to get a contributor's copy, but I couldn't wait, and went to
my Barnes and Noble to get THE copy they had. I can barely wait to see
what's on the other 347 pages.

So, I guess this is not really an AD, because I don't get royalties from
sales of the book, and I've already sold the bracelet, but I wanted you all
to know what you had a part it.

Georgia Morgan
One of A Kind jewelry
http://bead-designs.com/html/newfromstudio.htm

Old June 24th 04, 02:05 AM
Marisa2

Cool!

The bracelet is really different!!

Feel welcome to more then lurk.

marisa2

Georgia wrote:

[...]

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

Old June 24th 04, 04:48 AM
Cheryl

The auction was for a bracelet made of antique Japanese sword-fittings, and

oooh - yeah - I remember
I BID ON THAT ONE !!!!

your bracelet is VERY pretty !

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old June 24th 04, 10:37 AM
Kalera Stratton

WOW, that is incredibly exciting! Congratulations! I can hardly wait to
see the book... it looks fabulous. Lark always does such a good job!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old June 24th 04, 12:01 PM
Beadbimbo

Congratulations! The book looks great!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old June 24th 04, 01:31 PM
Georgia

The book is awesome. Irene Dean did a terrific job as juror. I can only look
at so much at a time--like a plateful of brownies, so I'm still not done
paging through it.

Georgia

Old June 24th 04, 01:40 PM
Georgia

Thank you! I knew I was going to be able to sell it when I took it for a
test drive to a lecture--as an audience member!--and my entrance caused a
stir!

Georgia

Old June 28th 04, 09:24 PM
Dr. Sooz

One of those auction alerts was the inspiration for this
piece:
http://www.bead-designs.com/assets/p...ordfitBRSM.jpg
which this week was published in Suzanne Tourtillott's 400 Polymer

ClayDesigns.......

Holy crap! I don't recall seeing anything like this on your website, Georgia!
Those are killin' me!

I love these books -- like 1000 Lampwork Beads -- that show many different
artists. What a feast! ~~running off to buy a couple, don't tell my Husbo~~
~~
Sooz
Old June 28th 04, 11:49 PM
Georgia

It's on the "Recently Sold" page:
http://www.bead-designs.com/html/recently%20sold.htm

(Since I limit myself to a handful of shows each year, 2003 counts as
"recent".)

Georgia
www.bead-designs.com/html/newfromstudio.htm