Delurking to introduce myself

Old April 2nd 04, 04:24 AM
Helen Hansen-Pye

Default Delurking to introduce myself

Hello everyone,
I just thought I'd pop my head above the parapet and introduce myself. I
have been a semi-regular on r.c.t.q for the past 4 or 5 years and have
finally found you lot!

I enjoy most handcrafts, and for the past couple of years have been totally
into my yarn crafts! I enjoy knitting and crochet equally. At present I am
working on a lace doiley/table centre and I am teaching myself how to knit
socks! I'll let you know how it goes!

I learnt to knit and crochet as a child and I have always enjoyed it, but I
tend to get obsessed with a craft and do it till I stop, if you know what I
mean, so at any one time I might not pick up a needle or a hook for 18
months or so because I am frantically quilting or, as is happening at the
moment, I have boxes full of WIPs and UFO's of the quilting variety, and I
am totally fixated on my yarn crafts.

About me personally... I am married to Ian and have 3 kids and 4 step-kids.
We have one living with us at the moment (Ian's boy, Alistair) and we are in
the midst of custody proceedings for my two girls. We have 2 cats who like
to believe they are independant of human kind, so we only see them at dinner
time. And we have a Jack Russel Terrier named Jess. She is almost one and
really, she is just like a 12 year old, so much energy and yes she does
think she knows everything! I have a degree in accounting and I am doing
some post-grad study so I can teach in our secondary school system. We live
in Tauranga, New Zealand and we only have one very small wool shop, so I am
learning to shop in the internet, although it is difficult to find good
shops who will ship to here! (Boo Hiss to Lion Brand!).

Well what else would you like to know? Ask me anything!! I love a good
chat over the needles!

Cheers

--
Helen Hansen-Pye

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's
warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett, Discworld

Old April 2nd 04, 04:40 AM
norma woods

Hi Helen! Welcome to a great group. You'll find the gang here very helpful,
and just doggone nice! Ok, ask you anything.... where's your tattoo? LOL
(just kidding.)

--
Star love,
Norma

Old April 2nd 04, 04:45 AM
Janise Ross

Hi Helen,
Welcome to the group. As you have probably seen, this is a wonderful
group of people who care about each other and have fun along the way. Join
us whenever you can.

Janise, in upstate New York, USA

Old April 2nd 04, 04:55 AM
Mischief

Welcome to the group. It's a very friendly and helpful group. Glad
that you finally found us.

Good luck with the socks. I'm trying to learn how to knit them as
well.

Darlene in Toronto
members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.51 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old April 2nd 04, 05:28 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:24:10 +1200, Helen Hansen-Pye wrote:

[...]

Hi Helen, and welcome to the BEST NG on the 'net!!
We're a very diverse group, and extremely friendly and chatty, and we love
to get off topic too.
I knit, crochet, spin, tat and work bobbin lace...
Hugs,
Noreen
in central Tennessee, USA

--
http://www.hostultra.com/~knitche
http://www.sharemation.com/knitche

http://www.mblog.com/noreens_knitche
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings
http://www.freejournal.net/journalle..._user1984.html

change n e t to c o m to email me.
Old April 2nd 04, 05:56 AM
LLWeisse

Hi Helen, welcome and good luck with the socks. I'm sure if you have any
questions, someone will be happy to help.

LL Weisse, in cold, wet Slinger, Wisconsin who knits, crochets and is
learning how to spin

Old April 2nd 04, 06:46 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Helen Hansen-Pye" wrote:

Welcome Helen from New Zealand, good to have you join the group. We are
from all over the world and thus you fit in well. Knitters, weavers,
spinners, and any other textile you can think of, you will find here.
Stay a while

Els from Vancouver island

[...]

I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Old April 2nd 04, 10:50 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Helen welcome to RCTY - just *the* best group !!! Also I am glad to have a
Kiwi aboard - I am just about a lone Aussie here so it will be great to have
a New Zealander with us.

I would love your dog , a Jack Russell is one of my very favourite dog
breeds my brother and sister in law have one and it is just gorgeous.

Look forward to hearing more from you God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old April 2nd 04, 12:19 PM
Katherine

Welcome, Helen. I think that you will find many kindred spirits here in
RCTY.
Knitting is my main craft, but I do others as well, and we have some
multi-talented members who do all kinds of things. I live in Labrador, in
northeastern Canada, so knitted items are very much appreciated here. My
children (and step-children) are all frown up and gone, but I have some wee
grandkiddies whom I adore, and a dog named Wooly plus a cat named
Cottonball.
Katherine

Delurking - Allow me to introduce myself :>) Julie Schneider Beads 25 November 7th 04 04:45 PM
Newbie delurking MoragP Quilting 24 April 10th 04 01:04 AM
Delurking with a Question allyson brown Quilting 9 March 18th 04 01:45 AM
Oops... sorry... delurking... the mysterious email harvester... Patti Quilting 7 January 19th 04 08:09 AM
Delurking and going to Dallas! debbie frost Needlework 12 December 30th 03 07:38 PM