where is everyone

Old April 2nd 04, 04:36 AM
norma woods

thanks Dennis. It's obvious that keeping a journal is a good idea, and I'll
start one tonight. BTW I use my business card program to list mom's meds
with dosages and times. The whole family, as well as Mom, has a copy that we
all carry with us at all times. It sure comes in handy when you see someone
new. They ask what she is on, and I just hand them the card.

--
Star love,
Norma
"Spike Driver" wrote in message

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:01:29 -0500, norma woods wrote:

Thanks Noreen, I never thought of a journal. BTW we went to the new

doc
for
mom to have a pap smear. He could see a polyp. He is sending her to a

gyno.
But, he did say that he thinks it might just be that. I'm not sure if

he
was
just trying to reassure her or if he really thought that. But, let's

hope
that's all it is and that it is benign.

--
Star love,
Norma

So, you and I have the same thing to pray over, and we WILL!
Yes, I'm keeping a journal of things that are going on with ME, as well,
for the girls's future reference!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://www.hostultra.com/~knitche
http://www.sharemation.com/knitche

http://www.mblog.com/noreens_knitche
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings
http://www.freejournal.net/journalle..._user1984.html

change n e t to c o m to email me.

I just caught on to the medical journal.

I have been of work for a while with a degenerative spine disease.

Meaning
my vertabrae are disinigrating and severely pinching my spinal cord and
exiting nerves to arms and legs in several places. If I did not keep a
journal I would be out of luck. With the help of HMO I have been forced

changes doctors twice. I have been told by three doctors that my journal

is
way more help than most of my medical records. One asked me if I had
medical terminology in the past. I just laughed and told him I catch on
fast. I started out as a programmer before I changed to Networking the
computers. I learned as a programmer how important a daily journal is and
it is more important to document the problems on a corperate network with
several hundred workstations. The heart disease and spine disease are a
gift from my Fathers's side of the family. I did not want to admit it

when
if started happening but, I rembered what my Father went through and then
many problems he had try to keep the many doctors informed of his many

aches
and pains. I had 4 other Brothers and Sisters in the area but he always
called on me.

I guess I got side tracked, I am saying when you start getting sick start
keeping a daily journal is a MUST. Describing how you feel, medications

and
office visits of any kind and everything. You will be very happy later

on.
It is more imprtant to you than your family.

I hope Don and Mom get well soon.

Star love and hugs,
Dennis
PP OES

Old April 2nd 04, 05:37 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:00:56 -0600, Spike Driver wrote:

[...]

journal I would be out of luck. With the help of HMO I have been forced to
[...]

Dennis, the prayers for YOU also continue.
My sis in law sent me a file containing everything about Don's side of the
family and I condensed it to need to know info for Don's docs and the
kids's docs... and yes, you DO pick up.... Don calls ME an information
magnet... in my case it also helps that my sis is an RN and EMT, and that I
did medical transcription work....
Hugs and thoughts and prayers,
Noreen

Old April 2nd 04, 05:39 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:36:28 -0500, norma woods wrote:

thanks Dennis. It's obvious that keeping a journal is a good idea, and I'll
start one tonight. BTW I use my business card program to list mom's meds
with dosages and times. The whole family, as well as Mom, has a copy that we
all carry with us at all times. It sure comes in handy when you see someone
new. They ask what she is on, and I just hand them the card.

--
Star love,
Norma
PM OES

I set my mom's meds up the same way, and she just tells my sis any changes
and we share an FTP file that we can update. Then, when Mom sees a new doc
we just fax mom the updated meds list!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old April 2nd 04, 07:18 AM
Mlle Ilvesvuori

Stella you surely are right! Just have faith about 6x6 and be strong...Try
not to worry too much. All will be fine, I promise. And Norma...All the best
to your mum. I can only imagine how painful she must have felt. But I am
here for you - whenever you need me.
Best: Pirjo
"Stella Fenley" kirjoitti viestissä
news
Norma I sure hope your mom is better real soon.Be strong for your mom

and
for yourself as well.Stella
"norma woods" wrote in message
. ..
I'm here now. Yesterday we spent at the hospital. Mom started

haemorrhaging
in the night. Vaginally, and they sent her home! She is to go back on

the
6th for a pelvic ultrasound.
Yu know, getting old sucks! I feel so sorry for her, it just never ends.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old April 2nd 04, 02:23 PM
norma woods

Thank you Pirjo. You are sweet to think of her.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old April 2nd 04, 03:07 PM
Carol

A list of current medications, along with drug strength and dosage, is
extremely helpful to clinical staff in an emergency situation. I'd just like
to add that it's a good idea to keep a list of any drug allergies (and the
reaction to the drug) on the same card. My sister once went to an emergency
room due to psychiatric problems, and they gave her Ativan. She was on it for
2 days before she was alert enough to tell them she has a reaction to it -- it
makes her paranoid. Because of her "paranoia" she was involuntarily committed
to a psychiatric hospital for a short time.

thanks Dennis. It's obvious that keeping a journal is a good idea, and I'll
start one tonight. BTW I use my business card program to list mom's meds
with dosages and times. The whole family, as well as Mom, has a copy that we
all carry with us at all times. It sure comes in handy when you see someone
new. They ask what she is on, and I just hand them the card.

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Old April 2nd 04, 04:45 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi,

I agree with Dennis and I carry a list of DH and my meds, one in my wallet, one
in his and one in our jeep where it can be found. I also have the journal, been
doing that for over 30 years now. I started it when my Mom was very ill and I
needed to know what to expect down the road. It sure has been useful.

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 2nd 04, 04:51 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 02 Apr 2004 15:45:41 GMT, NoraBalcer wrote:

Hi,

I agree with Dennis and I carry a list of DH and my meds, one in my wallet, one
in his and one in our jeep where it can be found. I also have the journal, been
doing that for over 30 years now. I started it when my Mom was very ill and I
needed to know what to expect down the road. It sure has been useful.

Hugs,

Nora

Added note to that, Nora, that journal may also be very useful to neices
and nephews down the road.....
Hugs,
Noreen

Old April 2nd 04, 08:55 PM
Spike Driver

Norma,

I keep a card also, it might save your life in doctor changes.

God Bless,

Dennis

Old April 2nd 04, 08:57 PM
Spike Driver

Great idea! Here the full time computer nurd never thouht using a list in a
ftp folder for family acess. Great Noreen, kudos.

God bless,
Dennis