OT looking for No crust apple pie

Old December 21st 04, 03:49 AM
Dawn Cherni

Default OT looking for No crust apple pie

Hi
Some nice person posted this pie quite a while ago and i printed. Now I have
lost me copy, and I really would like to make this for Christmas eve. Could
some very nice person please post this for me or maybe email it to me.
PPPPPPPPPPPPPpleaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee. Perty please I will beg a little
more if I have to.

Thank you for any help with this

Dawn

Old December 21st 04, 09:44 PM
Boohoo1971

Some nice person posted this pie quite a while ago and i printed. Now I have

lost me copy, and I really would like to make this for Christmas eve. Could
some very nice person please post this for me or maybe email it to me.

If you don't get the recipe, try google with "no crust apple pie recipe". I've
had such good luck finding unusual things that way. Boo
Old December 22nd 04, 06:23 PM
norma woods

Dawn, I have a recipe for one, if you want it.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old December 22nd 04, 08:04 PM
Gillian Murray

Norma,

This is a recipe I would be interested in; DH is a diabetic, with very high
fts, so I am always looking for something to fix for him, as a treat!! Could
you post it here? If not, you can email me at gillmurray1atverizondotnet.

Gillian
. ..

Old December 22nd 04, 09:18 PM
norma woods

Sorry, I should have said that it is a crumb-topped apple pie.
anyway here is it - perhaps you can try varying it to make it work for you.
(See recipe after it.)

Pastry lined pie plate
sliced apples
1/2 tsp sugar (or substitute)
1 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
1 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c butter
Cream
Fill pastry lined pie plate with apples mixed with sugar and nutmeg.
Combine flour and brown sugar and cut in butter to make crumbs.
Sprinkle the crumbs over the apple filling and bake at 400 degrees
Serve warm with cream.

Also here is a cream cheese pastry recipe

1 c butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 c cream
pinch of salt
2 1/2 c sifted flour
Cream together the butter and cheese until light and fluffy.
Stir in the cream and salt and mix until all the ingredients are well
combined.
Stir in the flour and mix into a smooth dough.
Chill in refrigerator before rolling out in lime pie plate (9 inch)
This pastry will keep for several day in the fridge.

I thought maybe you could do a deep dish apple pie with sugar subs, and use
this for the upper crust instead of the crumb top?

Anyway, HTH (This is from a paperback book from 1952) and I have lots more
dessert recipes

Old December 23rd 04, 12:27 PM
Dawn Cherni

Thank you so much Norma.

I think this is the one will work just great for me My father in Law loves
this type of apple pie. Since I did not want to make a pumpkin pie since
only two people like it for me that is a waist. But every one loves apple I
looked so long for a good recipe. Again Thank you for your help

Dawn

Old December 24th 04, 01:05 PM
Lin706

I think this is the one will work just great for me My father in Law loves
this type of apple pie.

When I read the earlier posts, I noticed that diabetes is an issue, so I'm
guessing that means sugar substitute of some kind. The food section of our
newspaper talked about sugar substitutes and baking just last week. Not all
substitutes are the same. The suggestion was to visit websites for Splenda and
Equal to get recipes that are tested with their products for better results.
Just another thought.

Linda

Old December 24th 04, 05:52 PM
Gillian Murray

"Lin706" wrote in message

I think this is the one will work just great for me My father in Law
loves
this type of apple pie.

When I read the earlier posts, I noticed that diabetes is an issue, so I'm
guessing that means sugar substitute of some kind. The food section of
our
newspaper talked about sugar substitutes and baking just last week. Not
all
substitutes are the same. The suggestion was to visit websites for
Splenda and
Equal to get recipes that are tested with their products for better
results.
Just another thought.

Linda

I have made the one advertised on the Splenda package, and it works very
well. However, I am also trying to reduce the carbs and fat that is in the
pastry. It makes cooking a challenge!

Gillian

Old December 24th 04, 08:09 PM
Olwynmary

Hi Gillian: I haven't had to go to this yet, but.....

my DH suddenly developed diabetes about four years ago, and in one of the books
I bought - Real Food for People with Diabetes, by Doris Cross with Alice
Williams - the author mentions
"We like Pillsbury Pet Ritz frozen pie crusts, which are quick and easy and
have only 4 grams of fat per serving."

Don't know if this is of use, but passing it along anyway.

p.s., I don't use much out of this book, as it uses lots of fake sugars, which
we don't care for - we can always taste the chemical aftertaste - but it does
have one or two good things in it.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old December 24th 04, 08:29 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Olwynmary wrote:
p.s., I don't use much out of this book, as it uses lots of fake sugars, which
we don't care for - we can always taste the chemical aftertaste - but it does
have one or two good things in it.

My taste receptors can find those "fake" sugars a mile away. The
aftertaste lasts forever (for me). I'm curious: Have you ever tried
"Splenda", which is supposedly a blend of real and artificial sugars?

Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

apple people Shel General Crafting 0 October 27th 04 01:14 AM
Bobbie V's Caramel Apple Pie Karen C - California Needlework 6 July 20th 04 11:03 PM
OT..help needed with Apple e-Mac Boohoo1971 Needlework 1 March 6th 04 05:33 PM
Glaze Stain Apple needed [email protected] Pottery 0 July 20th 03 02:20 AM