my sewing machine is sick

Old January 20th 05, 05:47 PM
Marijke

Default my sewing machine is sick

Sigh.

My Husqvarna Iris is in the sewing machine hospital right now. Something is
wonky with her bobbin. I'll find out tomorrow the prognosis and the cost,
but please, spare a thought for poor Iris, all by herself among sewing
machines and sergers she's never met before.

She had only just begun making friends with SuperLock, the new serger who
moved in a couple of weeks ago.

At first, Iris was jealous. She thought that SuperLock would take her place
in my heart. But she learned quickly that SuperLock was only to be a
companion and that nothing could replace her. At least not until I have a
lot more money, but I wasn't going to tell her that. She's so sensitive, you
know.

Alas, sleep well Iris. I'll see you in the morning....

Marijke
in freezing Montreal

Old January 20th 05, 06:10 PM
Diana Curtis

Its so hard when our little ones go for sleepovers for the first time! Hugs
Marijke!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 20th 05, 06:31 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Marijke" wrote:

Sigh.

My Husqvarna Iris is in the sewing machine hospital right now. Something is
wonky with her bobbin. I'll find out tomorrow the prognosis and the cost,
but please, spare a thought for poor Iris, all by herself among sewing
machines and sergers she's never met before.

She had only just begun making friends with SuperLock, the new serger who
moved in a couple of weeks ago.

At first, Iris was jealous. She thought that SuperLock would take her place
in my heart. But she learned quickly that SuperLock was only to be a
companion and that nothing could replace her. At least not until I have a
lot more money, but I wasn't going to tell her that. She's so sensitive, you
know.

Alas, sleep well Iris. I'll see you in the morning....

Marijke
in freezing Montreal

Poor Iris! And poor you! I hope she's feeling better very soon, with
minimal hospital bills.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 20th 05, 11:24 PM
nana2b

Mine is in the shop too. On Tuesday, Bernie200E stopped dead in the middle
of a embroidery design. I was so bummed!!!!! Not only did this kill the
project for now, I had just picked up my Serger after its' annual check up 2
hours earlier. So the next day I had to go and bring the 200 in, (can you
say schlep?). It seems that the I/O board is fried. Luckily it is still
under warranty. Hopefully it will be back home early next week.

sigh, Linda

Old January 20th 05, 11:54 PM
Kate Dicey

Marijke wrote:

Sigh.

My Husqvarna Iris is in the sewing machine hospital right now. Something is
wonky with her bobbin. I'll find out tomorrow the prognosis and the cost,
but please, spare a thought for poor Iris, all by herself among sewing
machines and sergers she's never met before.

She had only just begun making friends with SuperLock, the new serger who
moved in a couple of weeks ago.

At first, Iris was jealous. She thought that SuperLock would take her place
in my heart. But she learned quickly that SuperLock was only to be a
companion and that nothing could replace her. At least not until I have a
lot more money, but I wasn't going to tell her that. She's so sensitive, you
know.

Alas, sleep well Iris. I'll see you in the morning....

Marijke
in freezing Montreal

Serge the Serger threw a dicky-fit on Saturday: I tenderly and
thoroughly cleaned out all the fluff, sucking not blowing, and oiled his
oily bits carefully. I ran him on slow for a moment and all seemed
well, so I hit the switch to speed him up and he WENT SLOWER! He's in
the shop for a look-see too! They can keep each other company...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 21st 05, 02:27 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Sending speedy recovery thoughts to Iris, hope you get her home safe and
sound soon. I know how I would miss my Sleek Black Beauty!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Marijke" wrote in message
[...]

OT (semi) Sewing machine Christina Peterson Beads 12 July 4th 12 09:53 PM
FAQs for June Diana Curtis Quilting 14 June 5th 04 10:53 AM
sewing machine help needed Packrat Quilting 14 February 23rd 04 02:53 AM
Question about sewing machine feet Kristy Malarkey Needlework 13 February 12th 04 02:31 AM