Send me a toddler

Old January 20th 05, 02:02 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Polly Esther"

..... I figure any toddler at
his mildest could gum up the whole sheet in just no time.

HMMM -- I'll be going back to Lizard Land in about a month and I am sure
that DD and I would be happy to send you Raechel, the SMDGD for a few days!!!
She's about 20 months old right now and should be able to assist in ALL sorts
of "gumming up" type activities. She's also very good at helping pick up the
house so that would be to your advantage. UMM, she likes to put stuff away,
she just doesn't do it too well just yet -- LOL!
Now, she wouldn't bother the 'gators or the Yorkie as she is quite partial
to all animals. Unfortunately, she's at the "scream as loud as I can because I
can" stage. VBS -- now that I think about it, those poor 'gators would
probably high-tail it outta there toot sweet just to get away from the noise.
Which is precisely the reason we would be happy to send her your way. CiaoMeow
^;;^

..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 20th 05, 02:31 PM
Morag in Oxford

I'll send mine off of right now! he's an expert and making stuff sticky,
usually using mashed banana or something similar.

morag

"Hanne Gottliebsen" wrote in message
Don't have any toddlers, so can't help on that, but how about trying some
of the temporary mounting spray?

OK, no saying what that might do to fabric though. Seemed like a good idea
at the time...

Hanne in London

Polly Esther wrote:
I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak
knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be
very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was
covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not
have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want
stay on it.
We figure any self-respecting toddler could make it good and gummy in
just no time. We guarantee to spoil said loaned tot with joy and return
him
safely. Any other ideas? Polly

Old January 20th 05, 02:47 PM
Polly Esther

Exactly. I was thinking mashed banana should be just right. Polly

"Morag in Oxford" wrote I'll send mine off of right now! he's an expert

Old January 20th 05, 02:58 PM
nana2b

I do not have a toddler available, but your request certainly put a smile on
my face when I remember my own kids at that age.

Hugs, Linda

Old January 20th 05, 03:39 PM
Pat in Virginia

Polly:
Sorry, no babes over here. For that price, perhaps you
should consider returning the product. If that won't
work, how about LIGHTLY spraying it with basting spray.
A very FINE MIST should be enough. Too much would be
gummy. Did I mention you need to spray SPARINGLY.

HTH. PAT in Cold VA/USA

Polly Esther wrote:

I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want to
stay on it.

Old January 20th 05, 03:46 PM

Polly, no toddlers here, either, but I have used a cheap, dollar store
flannel-backed plastic tablecloth. (Not really flannel, but some other
poly(?) fabric-grabbing material, Ever try lifting one off a wooden
picnic table?) But you have to attach it to something to hold it up. The
best so far, is Block Butler (www.BlockButler.com) Pricy, but works! I
cut mine to workable sizes and applied it to the vinyl wallpaper of my
sewing area. When it gets too linty, hand wash and line dry. Love it.
Nancycog in MD

Old January 20th 05, 06:23 PM
Sandy Foster

In article et,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want to
stay on it.
We figure any self-respecting toddler could make it good and gummy in
just no time. We guarantee to spoil said loaned tot with joy and return him
safely. Any other ideas? Polly

No ideas at all, Polly -- but, as usual, you've brightened my day with
your wonderful sense of humor! g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 20th 05, 06:51 PM
nzlstar

stickfy? now you're making up new words too.
you never cease to amaze me, Paulette.
i gotta tell ya tho, as i read your reply i could hear your voice in my
head.
not sure why that is. i do it with some folks but not with others at all.
you must just be one of those super unique personalitys, lol.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Paulette" wrote...
This is a real sacrifice, but I can send you a 16.1 hand Percheron named
Cara Mia who can get horse drool on anything. This stuff is STICKY. IF
you are luck, or have a carrot, you can get enough to not only sticify
your wall piece, but possible resurface the exterior of your home.

Mind you, you will need to FEED her while she is visiting. A round bale
of hay will make a nice appetizer. Don't forget the grain...and the join
supplement cause she is an Older Lady. She too has some minor challenges,
but you don't need her to pull a plow, just drool.

How soon do you need Cara?
Hitchin' up the horse trailer,
Paulette in FREEEZZZZINNNG WV

Old January 20th 05, 06:54 PM
nzlstar

exactly what i was thinking about the carpet.
i only get that in one of our vehicles, none of the others. really annoys me
when i forget to do the quick tap first thing.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Polly Esther" wrote...
Send them all on straight away. We will meet trains, planes and horse
trailers.
The static electricity thought does bring up some puzzles. I hadn't
even
thought about it. In our other homes I had to touch something such as a
wall
before I could touch anything metal or I would create a hateful zap of
electricity. Opening doors and kissing anyone hello or goodbye was
particularly exciting. In this house, the static just isn't here.
I wonder if it is because the carpet is wool? Polly

Old January 20th 05, 07:30 PM
Polly Esther

Thank you all. I remember so well the years where step one in setting the
table in the dining room was to spread a plastic shower curtain on the
floor. The room had scrubbable wallpaper that was an ivy print. Many times,
we looked up to see that the little ones had decorated the ivy with a live
lizard or two. I don't know how we lived through it. DH says we were
younger. Polly

"Sandy Foster" No ideas at all, Polly -- but, as usual, you've brightened

Winter Wonderland Swap frood Quilting 3 November 13th 04 02:04 AM
OT Please send ties and jeans DJDREVNA Quilting 3 August 30th 04 12:46 AM