Send me a toddler

Old January 20th 05, 01:43 PM
Shirley.Caylor

Don't have any toddlers but how about a couple of Cockatiels? Hope you like
little green dots all over everything.

As for the design wall, I've tried a can of the spray adhesive but it really
didn't seem to work that well. Things stuck for a while but by the time I
got to the bottom of a queen size, the top blocks were beginning to fall.

Shirley

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was
covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not
have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want to
stay on it.
We figure any self-respecting toddler could make it good and gummy in
just no time. We guarantee to spoil said loaned tot with joy and return
him
safely. Any other ideas? Polly

Old January 20th 05, 01:52 PM
JS

James the terrible will be on a plane this morning. Just give me your
preferred airport. He is an expert at making things sticky.

Also, no need to worry about child-proofing the house. James could injure
himself in a padded room.

Jennifer in Florida

Old January 20th 05, 01:52 PM
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want to
stay on it.
We figure any self-respecting toddler could make it good and gummy in
just no time. We guarantee to spoil said loaned tot with joy and return him
safely. Any other ideas? Polly

No toddlers here, but thank you all for the giggles.

Polly, make quilts out of cat fluff! That sticks to *anything*!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 20th 05, 01:56 PM
JS

I have some of that stuff, but I ended up using polar fleece on my design
wall. Perhaps you could brush the flannel to bring up the fuzz a little bit
more? I saw some kind of metal brush for knitting stuff this week, maybe
that could work for you. Or, if you brush your yorkie with a wire bristle
brush like the one I use on my cat.

Just a thought.

Jennifer

Old January 20th 05, 01:57 PM
Paulette

This is a real sacrifice, but I can send you a 16.1 hand Percheron named
Cara Mia who can get horse drool on anything. This stuff is STICKY. IF you
are luck, or have a carrot, you can get enough to not only sticify your wall
piece, but possible resurface the exterior of your home.

Mind you, you will need to FEED her while she is visiting. A round bale of
hay will make a nice appetizer. Don't forget the grain...and the join
supplement cause she is an Older Lady. She too has some minor challenges,
but you don't need her to pull a plow, just drool.

How soon do you need Cara?
Hitchin' up the horse trailer,
Paulette in FREEEZZZZINNNG WV

Old January 20th 05, 02:02 PM
Roberta Zollner

Just read an article about gecko toes (Sometimes get desperate for newspaper
material in English, and the local rag publishes once a week a little
"anthology" of stuff from the NYT.) Did you know that the toes are covered
in teensy microscopic hairs, each hair with a teensy little pad at the tip,
which provide enough molecular attraction to hold the gecko on a vertical
wall even if it weighed 127 kilos? That's something like 250 pounds! So the
solution to your problem is obviously to cover your design wall in gecko
toes. Also, for some reason science has not yet completely uncovered, gecko
toes do not attract dirt. If they walk through dirt, it all falls off within
5 steps.
Roberta in D

Old January 20th 05, 02:17 PM
Polly Esther

Send them all on straight away. We will meet trains, planes and horse
trailers.
The static electricity thought does bring up some puzzles. I hadn't even
thought about it. In our other homes I had to touch something such as a wall
before I could touch anything metal or I would create a hateful zap of
electricity. Opening doors and kissing anyone hello or goodbye was
particularly exciting. In this house, the static just isn't here.
I wonder if it is because the carpet is wool? Polly

. ..

Old January 20th 05, 02:25 PM
frood

Since you really want it gummy, a toddler won't work. You'd really have to
convince the tot that you *didn't* want it sticky. Then it would happen
before you can blink twice.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old January 20th 05, 02:37 PM
Roberta

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Just read an article about gecko toes (Sometimes get desperate for
newspaper material in English, and the local rag publishes once a week a
little "anthology" of stuff from the NYT.) Did you know that the toes are
covered in teensy microscopic hairs, each hair with a teensy little pad at
the tip, which provide enough molecular attraction to hold the gecko on a
vertical wall even if it weighed 127 kilos? That's something like 250
pounds! So the solution to your problem is obviously to cover your design
wall in gecko toes. Also, for some reason science has not yet completely
uncovered, gecko toes do not attract dirt. If they walk through dirt, it
all falls off within 5 steps.
Roberta in D

Wow! that is really an interesting thing -- not sure why but I really got
a kick out of it this morning.

Roberta

Old January 20th 05, 02:48 PM
Polly Esther

Gecko toes, Roberta? Now why didn't I think of that? So far, no one's
offered to share their gecko but the day is still young. I can hope. Polly

Winter Wonderland Swap frood Quilting 3 November 13th 04 03:04 AM
OT Please send ties and jeans DJDREVNA Quilting 3 August 30th 04 12:46 AM