Log Cabin Quilt

Old January 5th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Log Cabin Quilt

Thanks Sandy.
I really *do* love FPP!
In fact, I find the square ruler awkward (though I most use the 6.5" and
4.5"!). It got a lot easier when I got the turntable cutting board.
I do nevertheless get plenty of strip scraps! (that's quite difficult
to say out loud g)
..
In message , Sandy E
writes
Howdy!

Using the 12.5" ruler, I square-up the block throughout the process,
to make sure it doesn't get off track. By cutting long strips at the
beginning, I have less to cut during the piecing.
You have much more patience and skill than I to use the foundation
piecing method. I've seen your work in Paducah, Pat: excellent! ;-)

Happy New Year!

R/Sandy - my process produces more scraps.. and that's good! g

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 6th 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

What a great idea to use up some scrap strips! my mom does these
blocks and they're always so beautiful.
i'll have to put this on my list for this year! thanks for the idea.
can't wait to see how you progress! keep us informed!
amy inCNY
Old January 12th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kate:
I really like the off kilter LC Blocks. Cut the dark strips about 1.5" and
cut the light strips wider ... maybe 2.25". Center square should be about 2"
or so. They would finish to 1", 1.75, and 1.5"; set together, the narrow
strips form an illusion of a curve. This is very cool. To determine the
proportions YOU prefer, play with this on paper.
Scrappy LC are lovely, though I do prefer continuity of the center square.
HTH.
PAT in VA/USA

"Kate T." wrote in message
I've never made this quilt and need some help.

I want to make a queen log cabin and don't know what size block to
make. I got a fella in mind that just built a log cabin and want to
give it to him.

any suggestions on block size and colors.

Any of you gentlemen quilters have any suggestions for me.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Velveteen Log Cabin Quilt glinfoot Quilting 2 November 22nd 08 05:20 PM
New Log Cabin Quilt John Quilting 137 February 27th 07 02:45 PM
Quilt pc Log Cabin Embroidery with quilting behind it joan Marketplace 0 May 31st 04 04:55 PM
FS Log Cabin Quilt Blocks Barb Marketplace 0 January 15th 04 08:09 PM
FS Log Cabin Quilt Blocks Barb Marketplace 0 January 15th 04 08:09 PM