Pick a Winner Contest Announcement

Old July 8th 04, 12:02 AM
Lori Greenberg

Default Pick a Winner Contest Announcement

Hi everyone.

We finally determined a winner. Wow, is all I can say. I'm glad I didn't
have to make the decision.

The winner is: Alison S. of Western Cape, South Africa. You can go read
about it he
http://www.beadnerd.com/contest.htm
Congratulations!

I don't know if Alison or her friend that nominated her are members here,
but I received many many nominations from r.c.b and you haven't heard the
end of me!

Thanks for entering!

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

Old July 8th 04, 01:50 AM
Kandice Seeber

That's really amazing Lori.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 8th 04, 02:56 AM
Dr. Sooz

"My husband, the jury for this contest, liked the idea that the beads would be
going to another country to someone that really doesn't have the same access to
things like we do here, or even other countries."

I can think of at least a *dozen* people who have this problem -- in England,
Finland, Switzerland........This is not even remotely unique in the sense of
deserving the prize. But your husband probably has no idea. That's okay! I
can live with it.

I'm curmudgeonly. You can say it.
~~
Sooz
Old July 8th 04, 03:11 AM
Lori Greenberg

Ha ha. No, I know exactly how you feel. You should have read all the
entries...location ain't got nothing on some of the other people that could
have won. It's a much different situation when you know a lot of the beady
people nominating and being nominated, and then someone who doesn't know
makes the decision.

I hate to say it, but it was hard to go along with his decision since I know
many of the entrants, and this one I didn't...but that's what I said I'd do,
so I did. It's probably better that way though because I wouldn't have been
able to narrow it down! I wanted to pick them all...and I'm getting my way
anyway in a round about way.

--
--------------------------------------

Old July 8th 04, 03:25 AM
Candace

Congratulations, Alison South Africa is such a cool destination for all that
beady goodness. I wish I could see her face when the package arrives.

The winner is: Alison S. of Western Cape, South Africa.

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 8th 04, 04:14 AM
KDK

That was a cool contest and very generous of you. Hope Allison enjoys her
beads!!

Kathy K
ink.net...

Old July 8th 04, 04:08 PM
Margie

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:02:24 GMT, "Lori Greenberg"
wrote:

The winner is: Alison S. of Western Cape, South Africa. You can go read
about it he
http://www.beadnerd.com/contest.htm
Congratulations!

I did read it and I think it's wonderful what you're going to do,
Lori.

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old July 8th 04, 07:07 PM
Dr. Sooz

I wish I could see her face when the package arrives.

Yeah. :-D Reminds me of the first group BFNR we did here.
~~
Sooz
Old July 8th 04, 10:41 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Congrats to Alison! It would be great if she joined rcb.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

Old July 8th 04, 11:19 PM
Dr. Sooz

Congrats to Alison! It would be great if she joined rcb.

Oh, hey, yeah.
~~
Sooz