Help! Asbestos!

Old June 29th 04, 10:06 AM
Alex Hargreaves

Default Help! Asbestos!

Hi,
I've been trying to sell my kiln a large Hymus 3M 2 phase kiln. However
i found out from one of the engineers i was trying to sell it to that the
panels are made from asbestos. No immediate threat to my health unless i
attack it with a hammer but it explains why no-one will touch it. Have I any
recourse with the company who sold me the kiln? As they didn't tell me it
had asbestos in it.
hope someone can help. Alex

Old June 29th 04, 11:24 PM
walamalacalucy

"Alex Hargreaves" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I've been trying to sell my kiln a large Hymus 3M 2 phase kiln. However
i found out from one of the engineers i was trying to sell it to that the
panels are made from asbestos. No immediate threat to my health unless i
attack it with a hammer but it explains why no-one will touch it. Have I any
recourse with the company who sold me the kiln? As they didn't tell me it
had asbestos in it.
hope someone can help. Alex

before you start to panic --what type of asbestos is it.? There are
two main types, the blue which is the baddie , and the white which is
almost o.k.If it is blue then you will have to pay someone who has a
licence to come and remove it ( the ones who wear those space type
suits) If however it is the white asbestos which at the moment is not
category "A" then you can either sell it quite legally or if it is old
and not worth much you can take it to your local dump it site.If you
do decide to attack it with a hammer you must first wet it well to
stop any particles floating into the air and also wear a good full
face mask, but i would not reccomend the latter. I only know this
because we dismantled a part asbestos garage and took it to the dump
it site, saving us the SEVEN HUNDRED QUID we were quoted. AND this
only came about because i phoned the local council to see how we could
dispose of it cheaper. -- paula.