Thomas Stewart wheels: your opinion?

Old May 24th 04, 03:50 PM
Allen Steen

Default Thomas Stewart wheels: your opinion?

What is your opinion of Thomas Stewart wheels?

How do they compare with the other brands? What do you think of their
customer service?

Thanks for your help,

Allen Steen
Old May 24th 04, 05:17 PM
Janet Price

I'm happy with mine. I have back problems and can't handle the little
electric things that you scrunch over. I'm not a production potter, but
a hobbyist that sells some. I don't make huge pots, but I have made
bowls and platters large enough that I need a bag that extends beyond
the wheelhead to trim. I used their scheme and made my own plaster bats.

I don't have a motor and just kick. I don't bother with the splash pan
since I don't tend to splatter clay all over me as I used to and splash
pans don't help contain trimmings. It's so nice to have it quiet.

Their customer service is excellent. They've talked me thru adjustments
and given me links to online diagrams and names of people nearby that
can help.

I've moved a couple times. Had to have my son help take the wheel apart
and put it back together because it's too heavy for me to handle. But
it made the moves.

Janet

jkprice at amherst dot edu

Allen Steen wrote:
What is your opinion of Thomas Stewart wheels?

How do they compare with the other brands? What do you think of their
customer service?

Thanks for your help,

Allen Steen

Very OT - Fahrenheit 9/11 Beadseeker Beads 336 July 9th 04 08:47 PM
Request for an opinion from the ladies and gentlemen of rec.climbing O J Knots 85 April 29th 04 10:20 PM
Rubber wheels HoyoD Jewelry 7 December 21st 03 06:26 PM
wheels Chuck Doll Houses 1 September 25th 03 02:56 PM