metal measuring tape snap purse

Old September 16th 11, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default metal measuring tape snap purse

Who started us on those? Where are the directions? I want to make a few
for our daughter's friends. I could probably figure it out by looking at
the one that's still here but it sure would help if I knew where the online
directions were. ( I had no idea that anybody was particularly excited
about the ones I made and gave away - only to learn that they are quite
special, used constantly and getting grubby.) Polly

Old September 16th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

You can buy something to use for the snap top if you don't have an old tape measure. I don't know what it is, or where to find it (really useful, I know) but I've seen it and the function appears to be just the same. I love these little purses and would love to try my hand at one, but figure they're habit forming.

Sunny
Old September 17th 11, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

The metal measuring tape is really easy to come by. You insist that DH buy
a new one for himself and there are really snazzy ones available now - got
everything but a GPS on 'em. Do not try it yourself until you get the
banners done. October is nearly here. Polly

Old September 17th 11, 06:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Well, these look really great. Will have to try my hand at one of
these in the very near future!

Claudia
Old September 18th 11, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

You can also use a slat from a mini-blind if you happen to have any lying
around. DH got my tape measures from Harbor Freight, but my friend got hers
at the Dollar store, even cheaper. I don't have any Dollar stores close by
me

Pauline
Northern California

Old September 20th 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

These have been very popular at our LQS. Susan

Duct tape purse Lelandite Quilting 2 May 5th 10 02:31 PM
Any idea where to find snap set or snap tite settings for wirework? April Beads 2 April 2nd 09 12:03 AM
snap-tite or snap set settings..... Band Mommy Beads 0 February 27th 09 05:52 PM
Snap tape Karen Maslowski Sewing 49 October 3rd 04 01:58 PM
Advice needed: quality measuring tape or similar, what to look for? BEI Design Sewing 7 May 4th 04 10:02 PM