Latest on Rebekah and Evan

Old September 14th 11, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

Default Latest on Rebekah and Evan

We'll start with Evan:

He's doing really well. Active, energy is at least at normal level,
happy, etc.

Now to Rebekah:

We had her follow up visit with the ortho today and they did a couple
of xrays. According to those, she actually had 2 breaks in her
forearm, where in the original xrays, we only saw one. AND, it turns
out that she has done more damage than actually healing. What started
as a 9 degree break in her arm is now almost an 18 degree break. She
has been scheduled for surgery on Friday morning to do a fracture
reduction with the possible placement of pins to hold it in place.
They will place her in a rigid splint for at least 6 weeks with a post
op visit 2 weeks after her surgery. With any luck, the pins will hold
everything in place and it will heal as it should. She has been put
on strict restriction for those 6 weeks, which means no PE, no recess,
and constant use of the sling except for when she is sleeping. Now I
have to locate shirts that are loose enough to be able to pull on
without bumping the pins or splint {sigh}.

On the way home from the doc, she admitted that when it started
tingling, she actually moved her wrist - WHILE it was in the cast!!
Apparently they didn't put the cast on snug enough.....they wrapped it
around the swelling, not taking into consideration the fact that it
would be loose once the swelling went down. SO....we start all over
again and hopefully this time, she will follow doctor's orders.
Old September 14th 11, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"off kilter We'll start with Evan:

He's doing really well. Active, energy is at least at normal level,
happy, etc.

Now to Rebekah:

We had her follow up visit with the ortho today and they did a couple
of xrays. According to those, she actually had 2 breaks in her
forearm, (snip)

Glad Evan is doing OK and hope that Rebekah will soon be feeling better!
Barbara in SC

Old September 14th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 14/09/2011 03:49, off kilter wrote:
We'll start with Evan:

He's doing really well. Active, energy is at least at normal level,
happy, etc.

Oh good! Long may this remain the case. Prayers will continue.

[...]

Oh, best of luck! Will you have time to make her something suitable?

On the way home from the doc, she admitted that when it started
tingling, she actually moved her wrist - WHILE it was in the cast!!
Apparently they didn't put the cast on snug enough.....they wrapped it
around the swelling, not taking into consideration the fact that it
would be loose once the swelling went down. SO....we start all over
again and hopefully this time, she will follow doctor's orders.

Tell her Auntie Kate had LOOKRD at her severely over the top of her
specs, and says Do what the doctors tell you to do!

And give her my love. It isn't going to be easy to keep her tied down
for the duration. I remember my bro, aged 12 walking up Scottish hills
in a plaster cast from hip to toe after a compound greenstick frcture of
both bones in the lower left leg... He wore out a walking cast!

Not posting much myself at the mop after more Hairy Eyeball encounters
with the Moorfield hospital... But I'm keeping the other eye on you
all!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 14th 11, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I'm glad there was a happy ending to your story!
Barbara in SC.

AD: Rebekah Auctions starlia Beads 41 September 16th 04 06:29 PM
Rebekah auctions Beadseeker Beads 21 August 25th 04 06:29 PM
Rebekah's Necklace...What Do You Think... Rachel T. Beads 7 August 24th 04 05:38 AM
OT MAYBE: Advertising Rebekah BeckiBead Beads 14 August 14th 04 03:30 PM
OT & CP - Rebekah Debbi Quilting 24 October 11th 03 06:34 PM