Hiding the junction splice?

Old March 10th 04, 06:18 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default Hiding the junction splice?

Ok, I had an idea that I'd like to bounce off you more experienced
people...

The cir-kit instruction booklet has people put the junction splice on
the side of the house on the siding, and I find that to be
unattractive. I want to hide the junction splice under the house
instead:

On the ground floor, right next to the side wall, run the tape out the
back of the house, under the floor to the underside of the house. The
small bit of tape that shows on the edge of the floor will be hidden
with paint or molding. Then I'll glue the foundation on over the tape
(so the tape is sandwiched between the bottom floor and the
foundation. Then I'll attach the junction splice to the wire, against
the INSIDE of the foundation (about 3/4" clearance). Then I'll drill
a mousehole in the bottom of the foundation for the transformer
lead-in wire. So there'll be an obvious cord leading to the
foundation of the house, but the rest should be hidden.

Does this sound workable?

Cathy Weeks
Old March 11th 04, 05:32 PM
Carol

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
m...
[...]

On my big house I have the junction splice on a wood board that the house
sits on. The splice and tape are covered by "grass". I have 3 transformers
on that house which is why I decided not to put the junctions on the house
itself. On another house I have the splice on the house and stuck a bush in
front of it.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com