clear coat on wallpaper?

Old March 7th 04, 07:34 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default clear coat on wallpaper?

How important is using the clear coat on the wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks
Old March 8th 04, 04:14 PM
Carol

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
How important is using the clear coat on the wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks

I never did. If someone in your house is a smoker I would consider it.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old March 9th 04, 02:48 AM
Cathy Weeks

"Carol" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
How important is using the clear coat on the wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks

I never did. If someone in your house is a smoker I would consider it.

Oh, my no. We are pretty anti-smoking, both in our regular sized
house, and in the dollhouse. :-)

I was just surprised...in both the Barbara Warner book and on the
wallpaper mucilage, it suggested doing so. I didn't on the small
section I've papered (inside the gable, which I would NEVER have been
able to paper properly after construction). It looks fine.

Cathy Weeks
Old March 9th 04, 03:59 AM
Carol

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
I was just surprised...in both the Barbara Warner book and on the
wallpaper mucilage, it suggested doing so. I didn't on the small
section I've papered (inside the gable, which I would NEVER have been
able to paper properly after construction). It looks fine.

Remember that in this hobby a lot of what is said is opinion and/or based on
experience rather than hard core facts. I've been privy to some very heated
discussions about various aspects of dollhouse building and finishing. Do
what you feel comfortable with.

My only absolute never is never use hot glue.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old March 9th 04, 04:26 AM
Gerald Miller

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:59:24 GMT, "Carol" wrote:

My only absolute never is never use hot glue.

I use hot glue quite often - to seal corrugated cartons!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old March 9th 04, 10:41 AM
Carol

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

I use hot glue quite often - to seal corrugated cartons!

Let me rephrase (I think I've been watching too many lawyer shows) - Never
use hot glue on a dollhouse and it's contents.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old March 9th 04, 10:52 PM
Gerald Miller

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:41:21 GMT, "Carol" wrote:

Let me rephrase (I think I've been watching too many lawyer shows) - Never
use hot glue on a dollhouse and it's contents.

You got it! - Carol
This is an opinion I have been pushing for a LONG time.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old March 10th 04, 01:45 AM
Millie

"Carol" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

I use hot glue quite often - to seal corrugated cartons!

Let me rephrase (I think I've been watching too many lawyer shows) - Never
use hot glue on a dollhouse and it's contents.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

I do not clearcoat my wallpaper, but I use hot glue on many things
related to dollhouses, sparingly, but use it, yes. I also use
SLO-ZAP(very slow cure cyanoacrylate) glue and ZIP KICKER accelerator
for super glues, there are many glues out there, they all have a
purpose, and as new materials evolve, I am sure there will be others
that will do a better job than what I use now. Do not fault someones
methods/materials, it is the way we learn, keep trying until you get
the results you want.