Anyone have a Singer 111W155?

Old April 27th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_4_]

Default Anyone have a Singer 111W155?

Got a couple of particular questions for you if you do have one, or are
familiar with them. I'm getting mine running but having a couple of simple
(hope so) glitches so far.

Steve

Old April 27th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message
news
Got a couple of particular questions for you if you do have one, or are
familiar with them. I'm getting mine running but having a couple of
simple
(hope so) glitches so far.

Steve

I may be able to help. What is your problems?

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

Old April 28th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_4_]

"Ron Anderson" wrote in message
t...

"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message
news
Got a couple of particular questions for you if you do have one, or are
familiar with them. I'm getting mine running but having a couple of
simple
(hope so) glitches so far.

Steve

I may be able to help. What is your problems?

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153
http://www.a1sewingmachine.com

Downloaded the manual. Theaded machine as indicated. Found out how to
adjust stitch per inch. Found out that I was adjusting the wrong thumbnut
to adjust the thread tension so that the thread is not in a straight line on
the bottom of the fabric. Haven't had time to try that yet.

My main problem is when getting ready to sew. I hand roll the wheel to get
the needle to go down and pick up the bobbin thread. Then pull the two ends
up through the holes. It seems most every time I sew, I get a tangle on the
under side of the fabric where the bobbin thread tangles for some reason.

Should the top thread come out of the needle left to right, and the bobbin
thread come up through the hole, then the fabric go in between the two?
Sometimes it reaches the length of the top thread, then starts pulling back
on the fabric.

I haven't had the time to mess with it today and try adjusting the correct
thread tensioning nut, but think that a lot of the problem of the thread on
the underside being straight will be solved by that.

My main concern is the birdsnest at the start, or when the starting thread
gets to its end and pulls back on the fabric.

I'm sure that this is probably a simple matter, but it has me stupified
right now.

Thanks.

Steve

Old April 28th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

[...]

Ok That could be many things.
To start with the needle threads left to right. Always pull at least 6
inches of thread from both the needle and bobbin when you start. It will
shrink as the machine takes up slack. Hold the ends until you gat a couple
stitches.
Also be sure the position finger on the bobbin case is locked in the needle
plate groove. It is common to miss that when putting the needle plate back
on.
When you pull the needle thread with the foot down you should feel a
substantial resistance and a very light resistance on the bobbin thread.

Old April 28th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_4_]

"Ron Anderson" wrote

Ok That could be many things.
To start with the needle threads left to right. Always pull at least 6
inches of thread from both the needle and bobbin when you start. It will
shrink as the machine takes up slack. Hold the ends until you gat a couple
stitches.
Also be sure the position finger on the bobbin case is locked in the
needle plate groove. It is common to miss that when putting the needle
plate back on.
When you pull the needle thread with the foot down you should feel a
substantial resistance and a very light resistance on the bobbin thread.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153
http://www.a1sewingmachine.com

Roger on everything. Will just have to keep trying.

Steve

Old April 28th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

[...]

To check the timing.
Set the stitch length to zero. When the needle has risen 2 mm from bottom
dead center the point of the hook must be central to the needle and just
above the eye.

Singer 99K Mary Quilting 3 December 4th 07 12:34 AM
SInger 401 A Pat in Virginia Quilting 11 February 16th 06 02:28 PM
Singer 411 Sally Holmes Sewing 8 August 13th 04 05:40 AM
Singer 533 vs. 648? GTO69RA4 Sewing 0 June 25th 04 05:54 PM
Vintage Singer OT More singer advice needed Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 December 9th 03 01:41 PM