Moving to WI

Old July 27th 05, 01:07 AM
Anne in CA

maryd wrote:
That reminds me of the flour sack dish towels I did for my "Hope Chest" back
in the 60s.

Reminded me of the flour sack panels my Gram put into a "summer quilt"
for me -- no batting, just front and a muslin back; "quilting" was
feather stitch embroidery between each square and sashing through to to
the back. Memories :-)

--
)O( Anne in CA )O(
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Old July 27th 05, 02:02 AM
VickiT

Thanks Mary. I've got other things I am working on and have finished but
they aren't anything to do with quilts.

"maryd" wrote in message
That's great for a first quilt. Looking forward to seeing pics of future
projects!!

--
Mary

"VickiT" wrote in message
: You're all scaring me now. LOL WHAT have I done by telling you I was
: lurking all day? (kidding)
:
: About myself eh? Let's see....I'm old, have two bad knees, a very
loving
: husband who just this morning got up early before he left for work to
make
: me breakfast in bed of french toast. I am also disabled because of the
knees
: and two previous DVT's in my leg so I get to sew all day if I can pull
away
: from my computer. I have three children of my own and one of hubby's all
: ranging from 19 to 22.9(bday Sept) and all boys. Two in college and two
: working BUT we've gone to empty nest mode over here for the majority of
the
: year. YAY ........this is very nice since we only met five years ago and
: never got that normal alone time before kids. I kinda like it this way,
: meet, push the kids out the door and be blissfully happy and do whatever
you
: wanna. Did I mention I was old? LOL
:
: OH did I mention I talk .........A LOT? hehe I also have a gorgeous
Blue
: mitted ragdoll that follows me all day and thinks he must be wherever I
am
: at all times - including on my laptop or sewing machine.
:
: Sewing wise ........I am a VERY rank beginner but I do shower.
Maybe
: should say I am a very spoiled beginner since I am using a DesignerI. I
: have sewn off and on for years but never any quilts or embroidery on
machine
: so this is all new. It's been very slow since I haven't had the money
for
: much fabric at all after getting that machine so the projects aren't
very
: abundant yet.
:
: I do have a website, however I haven't finished creating things yet so
all
: can do at this point is give links to the pics. In April I did my very
first
: quilt. It's a wall hanging and very simple as quilts go but I love it.
The
: pics don't do it justice as the colors aren't "right" in it for some
reason.
: The green around the edge isn't as dark as what it shows; it's more a
lime
: green to match the green in the flowered parts.It was fun to do because
it
: was also the first real project I did with the embroidery part of my
sewing
: machine.
:
: To shut myself up now I'm just going to give links and stop. I have
another
: project I just finished which is a quilted eyeglass case that I just did
: last week but the pics of that are still on my camera.
:
: Full quilt (called Days of the week)
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...Quilt_full.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...uilt_full1.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...ilt_Sunday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...ilt_Monday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...lt_Tuesday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr..._Wednesday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...t_Thursday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...ilt_Friday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...t_Saturday.jpg
:
: The colors are a very pretty purple, lime green and blue not the neon
colors
: you see. To answer another question my favorite color is purple. Is
there
: any other color? lol
:
: Favorite chocolate - Fannie May truffles YUM
:
: I will work on the website so I can just put one link next time.
:
: Sorry this got so long. Have I mentioned I talk alot? hehe
:
: Vicki
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote in message
: ...
: hi vicki,
: let me be the first to welcome you round the bestestestestestest
: cyberquiltingframe on the net. )
: u'll find all manner of skill levels here from rank beginners to the
20+yr
: veterans with skill we all strive to learn one day.
: ask any and all questions as the only ones not asked are what we call
: silly.
: now then find a cuppa and we'll find you a chair and...oh heck, not
again.
: ok, which one of you snitched the m'n'ms. always someone here with a
major
: craving. geeeeeeez.
: nice to have you aboard.
: do tell us all about yourself, fav colours, fav designs, got a site
with
: your quilty pix we can all go drool over? fav choc's. so much to
learn,
so
: little time.
: jeanne
: feeling warm now as i got my hug round my shoulders and the heater is
on
: under the desk as i type
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "VickiT" wrote ...
: I just joined this list today. I am also from the area, actually just
over
: the stateline but there is a large quilt shop in the Rockford area
that
: you may want to check out.
http://www.quiltersgeneralstore.com/index.html
:
: Vicki
:
:
:
:

Old July 27th 05, 02:03 AM
VickiT

oh those are neat too. By hand? Does that mean I'm cheating with my machine
doing the work? lol

Vicki
"Anne in CA" wrote in message
Vicki,

I am embroidering (but by hand) "days" panels too! I got the pattern on
eBay a while back and just started working on it. The pix of Mon-Wed are
he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...05361209ZjevKd and the next
two pictures after that.

Welcome to the group :-)

Old July 27th 05, 02:04 AM
VickiT

I did a set of embroidered dish towels for my MIL recently and she loved
them. They were all vintage bluebirds. She had hinted of wanting some towels
for her new home in FL but she loved them so much she's keeping them in MI
at their first home instead. LOL I guess I need to make some that are
needing a Florida home now.

Vicki
"maryd" wrote in message
That reminds me of the flour sack dish towels I did for my "Hope Chest"
back
in the 60s.

--
Mary

"Anne in CA" wrote in message
: Vicki,
:

Old July 27th 05, 07:26 AM
Patti

Thanks for the introduction Vicki. Good to meet you properly.
Very nice first quilt - thanks for letting us see it.
Your Ragdoll must be very like our first Birman. We now have four cats!
(And four rabbits and two guinea pigs - all mine, we have no children
g)

..
In message , VickiT
writes
[...]

snipped
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 27th 05, 02:54 PM
Anne in CA

:-) only if I am cheating when I machine quilt :-) I really like yours
-- the little girls remind me of some paper dolls I had as a very young
child.