Sq. Bulls Eye Baby Quilt

Old July 25th 05, 09:18 PM
Tia Mary

Default Sq. Bulls Eye Baby Quilt

Hi Guys,
Well, I couldn't lay hands on the book that has this pattern so I
just drew it up, scanned the drawing and posted it at Webshots. If you
are interested, look in the Quilt album -- it's at the bottom. By
starting off with a 6" center square, making subsequent rows 3" wide and
using 6 fabrics, you end up with a 42" square baby quilt.
If I can find the photo of the baby with this quilt, I will post it
later. It was one of the Baby Quilts I made for my DSis in TX to give
as a gift. She got as many pics as she could of the babies (or grown
kids)and their quilts as she could. I have them in an album and suppose
I should put them up at the webshots album -- in my spare time -- LOL.
CiaoMeow ^;;^
--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
their whiskers!
Old July 25th 05, 09:36 PM
Ann

Thanks for taking the time to draw this out Tia Mary
That would make a very lovely baby quilt, quickly and easily

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old July 25th 05, 09:44 PM
maryd

Thanks from me too. I saved it.

--
Mary

:
: Ann
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky
:
: "Tia Mary" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi Guys,
: Well, I couldn't lay hands on the book that has this pattern so I
just
: drew it up, scanned the drawing and posted it at Webshots. If you are
: interested, look in the Quilt album -- it's at the bottom. By starting
: off with a 6" center square, making subsequent rows 3" wide and using 6
: fabrics, you end up with a 42" square baby quilt.
: If I can find the photo of the baby with this quilt, I will post it
: later. It was one of the Baby Quilts I made for my DSis in TX to give
as
: a gift. She got as many pics as she could of the babies (or grown
: kids)and their quilts as she could. I have them in an album and suppose
: should put them up at the webshots album -- in my spare time -- LOL.
: CiaoMeow ^;;^
: --
: PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
: Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about

Old July 25th 05, 09:53 PM
Tia Mary

So -- I go dig through the photo album and sure enough, I find the pic
of the baby with the Bull's Eye Quit. This was about the 3rd one I had
done and I changed it just a weeeee bit -- LOL! I am off to scan the
photo and post it to the Webshots album -- see if you can notice the
difference from the drawing I did up! I remember now that I didn't
like the corner block of one color being right next to the same color in
the subsequent row so I added another fabric before doing the "repeat".
Does that make sense??? CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 25th 05, 10:19 PM
Patti

Thanks very much for this, Mary
You know, I understand it was suggested as a baby quilt, but I think it
would look good for those times when you don't want to cut a fabric too
much? Also, for those lovely border prints that are available.
It's a great idea.
..
In message , Tia Mary
writes
Hi Guys,
Well, I couldn't lay hands on the book that has this pattern so I
just drew it up, scanned the drawing and posted it at Webshots. If you
are interested, look in the Quilt album -- it's at the bottom. By
starting off with a 6" center square, making subsequent rows 3" wide
and using 6 fabrics, you end up with a 42" square baby quilt.
If I can find the photo of the baby with this quilt, I will post it
later. It was one of the Baby Quilts I made for my DSis in TX to give
as a gift. She got as many pics as she could of the babies (or grown
kids)and their quilts as she could. I have them in an album and
suppose I should put them up at the webshots album -- in my spare time
-- LOL. CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 25th 05, 10:58 PM
AliceW

Thanks, so much for taking the time to do this. I did find some circular
bull's-eye patterns, but I sure like yours better. I could use this for
other quilts too! I was thinking of individual blocks - not one big one. I
like it! I have a baby quilt made with one big star in the middle. You can
either leave it like that or add top and bottom borders to make a larger
size lap quilt. I made one of my scrap calico fabrics (it's the Bizarre
Star on my website) but then I made on in baby fabrics and they look totally
different! I am going to make the bull's-eye for sure - and I need one real
quick!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old July 26th 05, 03:32 AM
Patsy Elliott

Thanks Tia Mary,
I really like that pattern for a quick quilt. I have saved it. Thanks
for taking the time to draw it. And the baby is darling on the quilt! She
was dressed to match it.
Patsy in IN

Old July 26th 05, 07:32 PM
Tia Mary

Patsy Elliott wrote:

Thanks Tia Mary,
I really like that pattern for a quick quilt. I have saved it. Thanks
for taking the time to draw it. And the baby is darling on the quilt! She
was dressed to match it.
Patsy in IN

I was bothered by the fact that the photo of the one Bull's Eye quilt
I have was made differently than the diagram I put up at Webshots.
Being the anal person I am, I drew up another, alternate bull's eye
diagram. for anyone interested, I have it posted at Webshots in the
Quilting album. CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old July 26th 05, 08:25 PM
Patti

Mmmm!
Now, I have to try to decide which way I prefer g I think I lean
towards the 'Alt' one. It is such a great idea though. Thanks Mary.
..

In message , Tia Mary
writes

Old July 27th 05, 04:42 AM
Patsy Elliott

Thanks Tia Mary,
I had printed the first pattern and written little notes on it. I
printed the second just to be sure I would understand the notes! A picture
can make all the difference in the world in understanding directions!

Patsy in IN
http://community.webshots.com/user/patowe