Starch substitute

Old May 10th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default Starch substitute

A while back there was a thread running about starch substitutes and
Dryel's version was mentioned. Does anyone know if this product or
other brand is available in a regular US store? My Sis is down in NC
with internet link until tomorrow and will then be travelling again
(who knows where) for a week. The dryel dry cleaning pack is
available here in Canada but not the starch substitute that I would
like to try. I'd appreciate a reply today so that I can email her the
info and she can shop, shop, shop some more. jennellh
Old May 10th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

Hi Jen,

I don't know about the Dryel starch substitute, but I have tried and
LOVE Maryellen's Best Press. Thus far I have only seen it online and in
quilt shops. Having been on two shop hops recently (in Mass. and NH), I
can tell you that at least 10 of the 15 shops I visited carry it. If
your Sis can get to a quilt shop, I'll bet she will find it for you.

Rita L.

Old May 10th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thanks for the info, Rita. The problem is that after tomorrow, they
will be travelling with no particular destination otherwise I could
scout ahead - give them an address to locate via gps and my bro/law
would find it. It took 2 yrs for me to get them to Mt.Dora and the
lqs there for a looksee.. There are various laundry products showing
up in Canadian lqs and online stores now with big prices attached to
them. I don't use it often but the regular kinds still smell on the
fabric years after use when hit with the iron or even just taken out
of storage! Funny story about freezer paper some years ago: my bro/
law and cousin(male) went to Kmart to look for some with instructions
from my Sis - I ended up receiving 6 rolls of wax paper! (always
useful anyway). My cousin thought it most unusual that wax paper
wasn't available in Canada. jennellh

jennellh wrote:
A while back there was a thread running about starch substitutes and
Dryel's version was mentioned. *Does anyone know if this product or
other brand is available in a regular US store? *My Sis is down in NC
with internet link until tomorrow and will then be travelling again
(who knows where) for a week. *The dryel dry cleaning pack is
available here in Canada but not the starch substitute that I would
like to try. *I'd appreciate a reply today so that I can email her the
info and she can shop, shop, shop some more. *jennellh- Hide quoted text -

Old May 10th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Well, when I lived in Germany, I asked Son to bring me a few rolls of
freezer paper form California. He brought TWELVE rolls of wax paper instead.
Sigh.

--
Pat

Old May 11th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gerry Leath

I've gotten the Dryel starch substitute at my local WalMart. It is almost
as good as Best Press (IMHO). Hope this helps. Gail

Old May 11th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thanks for the info Gail, I'll pass it along with the reminder to my
Sis - she said she had forgotten about looking for it. jennellh

Starch Taria Quilting 1 October 29th 07 08:51 PM
Starch Mickie Swall Quilting 0 October 21st 07 03:21 AM
Spray Starch Mickie Swall[_2_] Quilting 28 October 9th 07 01:29 AM
Do you starch? Tricia Quilting 36 November 10th 05 11:11 PM