Lepidolite substitute?

Old July 5th 04, 02:29 PM
Sarah Hembree

Default Lepidolite substitute?

Hey all,

I came across an old glaze recipe that I am interested in but it
call for lepidolite. I can't find it from a retailer and
understand the the mining of has stopped long ago. Anyone
familiar with it? Anyone know of a substitute/work around? The ^6
recipe is:

Talc 44.5
Lepidolite 54.5
Bentonite 2.0

Thanks much,

Sarah

Old July 5th 04, 08:53 PM
Steve Mills

Lepidolite is a Lithium based Feldspar and is still available in the UK,
so I think mining does continue.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article . net, Sarah
Hembree writes

--
Steve Mills
Bath
Old July 6th 04, 09:27 AM
David Hewitt

If you go into Google and type in Lepidolite you will get a whole lot of
information about this Lithium feldspar.

David

Old July 7th 04, 02:19 AM
Sarah Hembree

Thank you much!

I forgot to put "Clayart" in the search string ;-) My bad. I
think I'll make a bookmark for google that starts with "clayart"
as the main string. In fact, here is one 'case anyone wants it:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...rt&btnG=Search

Thanks again,

Sarah

Old July 14th 04, 02:32 PM
J M

Did a seach on Google found
http://mineral.galleries.com/mineral...i/lepidoli.htm this
may answer a few questions.

"Sarah Hembree" wrote in message
ink.net...

Hey all,

I came across an old glaze recipe that I am interested in but it
call for lepidolite. I can't find it from a retailer and
understand the the mining of has stopped long ago. Anyone
familiar with it? Anyone know of a substitute/work around? The ^6
recipe is:

Talc 44.5
Lepidolite 54.5
Bentonite 2.0

Thanks much,

Sarah

A substitute for Vybar and UVasorb3C used in candlemaking Reema General Crafting 0 April 9th 04 11:09 PM
no food by mail? JL Amerson Beads 84 January 30th 04 06:44 AM
Modeling clay as a substitute for "clay bars" for auto detailing? Jon Noring Polymer Clay 4 September 23rd 03 12:36 AM