DMC floss changes

Old March 22nd 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
KT in Mich[_2_]

Default DMC floss changes

Just saw on Scarlet Quince site that changes are coming to DMC floss
in the US. These are the changes: discontinued first, substitute
second.
504 to 3813
731 to 732
776 to 3326
781 to 782
306 to 3760
971 to 740
3773 to 407
The new labeling will show the substitute color with the discontinued
color in () beneath it.

Hope this helps.
KT in MI

Old March 25th 14, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 3/22/2014 9:16 AM, KT in Mich wrote:
Just saw on Scarlet Quince site that changes are coming to DMC floss in
the US. These are the changes: discontinued first, substitute second.
504 to 3813
731 to 732
776 to 3326
781 to 782
306 to 3760
971 to 740
3773 to 407
The new labeling will show the substitute color with the discontinued
color in () beneath it.

Hope this helps.
KT in MI

Thanks, I will copy this out. I remember the awful color changes in the
old 500 numbers. I started a thing for DH, didn't realize the color
change..so it is permanently consigned to the UFO pile.

Gillian, in drizzly Florida (just wish I had put some flower seeds out
prior to the rain.)

Old March 25th 14, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
KT in Mich[_2_]

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Thanks, I will copy this out. I remember the awful color changes in
the old 500 numbers. I started a thing for DH, didn't realize the
color change..so it is permanently consigned to the UFO pile.

Gillian, in drizzly Florida (just wish I had put some flower seeds
out prior to the rain.)

It'll be June before we see grass in our area! Still about 18 inches
of snow on the ground. And worse, my huge deck off the house just
completely collapsed from the weight of the ice/snow. Insurance will
cover but they say it will be June before they can re-build it. Rats.
Back to sewing.

Old March 25th 14, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 3/25/2014 6:38 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:58:11 -0400, Gillian Murray
wrote:

[...]

Never mind about the drizzle, that storm in Florida is going to zap up
to here, along the atlantic, and bring us a mega snow storm on
Wednesday. Equal they say to the White Hurricane ten years ago that
caused me to sell my house and move to condo! I suppose at least
this time I won't have to shovel it which is what influenced my
decision to sell

To paraphrase "Will nobody rid us of this winter?" I know Joan
suffers the same too -nobody mention 'global warming' to me !!!!

It looks like we'll miss it here in Western PA BUT.....that 14 yesterday
morning made me start to wonder. I did see a few crocuses display their
flowers and rabbits were chasing each other out back. Enough already.

Nancy
Old March 26th 14, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 3/24/2014 8:58 PM, Gillian Murray wrote:
On 3/22/2014 9:16 AM, KT in Mich wrote:
Just saw on Scarlet Quince site that changes are coming to DMC floss in
the US. These are the changes: discontinued first, substitute second.

Thanks, I will copy this out. I remember the awful color changes in the
old 500 numbers. I started a thing for DH, didn't realize the color
change..so it is permanently consigned to the UFO pile.

DMC's website says they'll never discontinue a number sooooo, I wrote to
them and here's their response:

"When there are two numbers on a skein of floss like you have described
with one inside ( ), it indicates that these two colors have become so
similar over time that they can now be used interchangeably. You can
use either one to get the same exact color. Please understand that we
never do this on purpose. Unfortunately, this has happened gradually
over the years because of changing regulations of dye manufacturers and
governmental restrictions regarding the chemicals used in dyeing. (This
happens with all coloring agents even hair colors.)"

I did look on their color card and they do have the numbers in () on
there, so I printed it out & will write that's what it means.

If you'd like to do the same, here's the link:
http://dmc-usa.com/Products/Needlewo...ery-Floss.aspx

or tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/jwpxh6p

HTH!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old March 26th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 3/25/2014 5:38 AM, wrote:

To paraphrase "Will nobody rid us of this winter?" I know Joan
suffers the same too -nobody mention 'global warming' to me !!!!

Yup. We had a mini snowstorm on the 1st day of spring (Spring??? What
the heck is that???) 1/2" of snow last night.

on floss Cheryl Isaak Needlework 1 August 20th 12 09:28 PM
DMC Floss now what??? Claudia Needlework 45 May 12th 08 12:04 AM
Floss-Away brand floss bags Seanette Blaylock Needlework 6 February 21st 05 04:49 AM
dmc floss raiderchic Needlework 8 December 5th 03 03:05 PM
Yet another use for floss Cheryl Isaak Needlework 11 December 2nd 03 09:27 AM