An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

Old January 2nd 14, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

of continental stitch on 12 mono canvas?

In case you read my other reply, you'll know why I ask. I want to be sure not to run out as I am having to order all new tap wool for a background I had ot rip out. I ran out of the color and can't match it for nuthin'.

Thanks.
Old January 3rd 14, 06:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

This is an interesting question,
can i ask you something Is a ready painted canvass ? from your question i assume it is, because if it was your own image , you just could change the background , or make it from more than one shade of that wool.
And here is my answer to you ? you still can change the colors of that canvass , once you bought it and intend to keep it you can do with it what ever you want
a background that is not Monochromatic might be interesting
mirjam
Old January 4th 14, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Friday, January 3, 2014 12:13:24 AM UTC-5, mirjam wrote:
This is an interesting question,

can i ask you something Is a ready painted canvass ?

NOT a painted canvas.

from your question i assume it is, because if it was your own image , you just could change the background , or make it from more than one shade of that wool.

And here is my answer to you ? you still can change the colors of that canvass , once you bought it and intend to keep it you can do with it what ever you want

a background that is not Monochromatic might be interesting

It is not a painted canvas. The design is just too busy and I want a solid black background. I am having a hard time finding supplies too. I just looked at the site for needleworkcorner.com and they are sold out of the Elsa Williams tap in black. I will have to call to see how soon they can get it or ......
The, too, maybe their site is not updated.

By the way, I found some old notes of mine.

"40 yd. skein wl cover 26 sq. inches on 12 mono."

Old January 4th 14, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:41:39 AM UTC+2, wrote:
On Friday, January 3, 2014 12:13:24 AM UTC-5, mirjam wrote:

This is an interesting question,

can i ask you something Is a ready painted canvass ?

NOT a painted canvas.

from your question i assume it is, because if it was your own image , you just could change the background , or make it from more than one shade of that wool.

And here is my answer to you ? you still can change the colors of that canvass , once you bought it and intend to keep it you can do with it what ever you want

a background that is not Monochromatic might be interesting

It is not a painted canvas. The design is just too busy and I want a solid black background.

That sounds = reads very impressive ,,,,if it is so busy why not change the background to grey or White?
mirjam

Old January 6th 14, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Update: I spoke by phone with a shop owner who talked me into that silk and wool blend. I'll be calling her Tuesday with my order - need to figure yardage and she was very busy, it being a Saturday.

Someone asked why I didn't go to cream or white. I can't. The original background was black ( this is a stamped kit ) and no way would anything else cover that black. Plus I am blotting out part of the pattern. They put a Greek key type of border in a blue which I think clashes badly with the flowing lines of the flowers. (I am also not crazy about vases or bowls of flowers - I want a pillow I can toss any old way and have it look good where it lands.)

I ran out of the black cuz I fudged the original plan in covering that blue, and there was not enough black in my stash to finish it off. So much for changing horses in midstream and a meager stash.

Does any project ever go off without a hitch?
Old January 27th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Second update: The silk and ivory arrived on Tuesday and the project is DONE. I have never seen stuff pull so nicely thru canvas - it was like greased lightning.

I would be tempted to do all backgrounds with this stuff, if I ever buy another kit. The time and boredom eliminated makes the price well worth paying.

Now - to figure out how to make this into a pillow....

Old January 29th 14, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 1/26/2014 7:25 PM, wrote:
Second update: The silk and ivory arrived on Tuesday and the project is DONE.

Congrats! Now you need to join rctnp so we can see a picture of it!

--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

My comment about 6 inches DAB Yarn 36 March 2nd 07 11:49 PM
help: 50 inches Millie James Yarn 9 August 25th 06 04:35 PM
7 and 1/2 lbs, 20 inches Carol in TN Yarn 29 April 6th 06 09:20 PM
Question about yardage on an old skein Teacher Gal Yarn 8 January 11th 06 12:40 AM
OT Add 3 Inches Christina Peterson Beads 11 September 13th 03 01:51 AM