needlework musings

Old July 6th 10, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default needlework musings

My big projects have been interrupted by a few small ones. I made a
bookmark for DM to give her friend for a special BD, using the Thea
Dueck freebie chickadee pattern. It came out nicely - blue linen and
hemstitched edges. (I don't mind the back showing.) She said her friend
loved it.

DD's BD is this week, and she's a squirrel lover AND a book lover, so
she's getting a squirrel bookmark. (White linen, ditto design comments
above, *very fine count* - not quite, but almost like a gauze. A scrap,
so I'm not sure exactly what it is!)

DBFF's son is getting married in a few weeks half a country away, so for
the young couple I'm stitching an ornament with TW's Celtic Cross. I
think they're honeymooning in Ireland. I'll stitch their names and
wedding date or year on it as a remembrance.

Then back to work on the big projects! I'm trying to keep them going, at
least a bit per day. Last week I sat out on the deck stitching on the
mermaid one night, and a dear young kitty came up to keep me company -
and has stayed. I can't find out who she belongs to, but she's a real
sweetie. DH is firmly opposed to keeping her.

Also working on a crochet lap robe. I'm using hand-me-down yarn; the
final product will go to a charity. That comes out when the eyes start
to cross from the finer stitching! Or when in situations where
concentration isn't required (doctor's office, concerts, etc.) I'm
assembling a collection of yarn for a crochet cardigan...frequent trips
to Michael's with coupon in hand, buying one skein at a time and
watching dye lots and availability.

I'm debating whether to put my "And a Forest Grew" into the Montpelier
needlework exhibit next week. Can't decide if it's worth the investment
in gas/time and entry fee to take a chance on a ribbon.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old July 6th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
[...]

You do such beautiful work, and such fabulous finishing that you will
probably win another ribbon. Do you display them or do you stick them in a
drawer? Maybe that will help you decide if you want to spend the money.

Lucille

Old July 8th 10, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/7/2010 2:07 AM, Karen C - California wrote:
Susan Hartman wrote:

DH is firmly opposed to keeping her.

I would suggest that whether she stays is up to her, not him!

I think that was his fear, when he went door-to-door yesterday with a
flyer. Met a new neighbor, recently moved in, who claimed her. So it's a
happy ending. Kitty's name is Angel (fitting name), and is an indoor cat
in a house behind us. If she escapes again, I suspect she'll make a
bee-line here, and now we'll know where to return her. (After a short
visit, of course!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman

Musings on artistic development. [email protected] Beads 1 September 29th 06 12:53 AM
Entirely OT musings... Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 April 3rd 04 12:59 AM
Featherweight Musings Taria Quilting 10 December 4th 03 07:55 PM
OT?? Musings on Newbie Postings Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 57 November 2nd 03 09:17 PM
Lampwork with Inclusions... musings HannahRach Beads 3 August 21st 03 11:46 AM