County Fair results

Old June 30th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default County Fair results

On Jun 29, 11:46*am, Susan Hartman wrote:
On 6/29/2010 11:31 AM, Joan E. wrote:
* Besides, it *is* summer (if the dang rain would just stop!).

Please send some rain my way! We haven't had anything much in nearly two
weeks of 90-plus degree weather, and nothing much predicted for another
week.

Where are you, Sue? I'll see what I can do! We've had waaaay too
much this year!

Even some of the daylilies have just dried up in bud stage - never
bloomed.

How sad. Mine are just gearing up...saw the first bud stalk on
Monday.

Joan

Old June 30th 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jun 29, 2:23*pm, Tia Mary wrote:

Joan -- catching up here with congrats to you for your great work and
wonderful wins :-). *

Thanks!

On another topic -- our camera has gone T-U so it
will be awhile before I get photos of that other project to show you.

I'm on pins & needles!

Joan
Old June 30th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jun 30, 3:04*am, Karen C - California wrote:

Within the last hour, it's a boy! *And Joan has a little girl we can
play matchmaker with. *

Congrats, Auntie! Is he anywhere *close* to ND???? lol

Joan
Old June 30th 10, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jun 30, 5:26*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

As long as you're not expecting frozen ground, you can divide them, to wit,
I'm hauling stuff out of the ground now and dividing or giving the whole
clump away.

If you are finding a dearth of people upon whom to bestow said
daylilies... I'd be a willing and grateful recipient! It seems
when I thinned mine, I got rid of all of one kind, so now I only have
one kind.

Joan
Old June 30th 10, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Joan E. wrote:
On Jun 28, 1:41 pm, Nancy wrote:

No fair here and if there were I'm not sure I'd ever enter anything.

Why not? It's fun to see the competition (or lack thereof!). You
might surprise yourself. I say go for it! If there's no county fair,
is there a state fair?

Joan

I remember many years ago (1986 actually) I had stitched he Statue of
Liberty, with the flag furled behind her, as a prize in the raffle at
the VFW.

Well, my Dad died, so I had to rush off to England. When I got back a
couple of weeks later, there was my "Lady" sitting where I had left her,
at the Post Home, but with a blue ribbon attached to her from the County
Fair. Jim had taken her down and entered her, unbeknown to me.

The one and only entry I ever had.

Gillian
Old June 30th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Joan E. wrote:
Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: 1st
Knitted baby booties: 1st
Knitted baby hat: 1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan

Joan...that is just fantastic!!!! You are so incredibly skilled.

I have been killing TV time knitting preemie baby hats. Some are so
tiny, I can barely envision a head that small!!

I have some socks to start this summer for DGDs.

Gill
Old July 1st 10, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jun 30, 12:52*pm, Gillian Murray wrote:

I remember many years ago (1986 actually) I had stitched he Statue of
Liberty, with the flag furled behind her, as a prize in the raffle at
the VFW.

Well, my Dad died, so I had to rush off to England. When I got back a
couple of weeks later, there was my "Lady" sitting where I had left her,
at the Post Home, but with a blue ribbon attached to her from the County
Fair. Jim had taken her down and entered her, unbeknown to me.

The one and only entry I ever had.

Just goes to show you should enter more!

Joan
Old July 1st 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jul 1, 6:21*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Adding you to the list.

Ooooooo, goody! Thanks, Cheryl!

Joan
Old July 1st 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Joan E. wrote:
On Jun 30, 12:52 pm, Gillian Murray wrote:

I remember many years ago (1986 actually) I had stitched he Statue of
Liberty, with the flag furled behind her, as a prize in the raffle at
the VFW.

Well, my Dad died, so I had to rush off to England. When I got back a
couple of weeks later, there was my "Lady" sitting where I had left her,
at the Post Home, but with a blue ribbon attached to her from the County
Fair. Jim had taken her down and entered her, unbeknown to me.

The one and only entry I ever had.

Just goes to show you should enter more!

Joan

I don't think there is much of a county fair down here in the swamps. If
there is, it is probably mostly kids and their 4H projects, rides etc.
Somehow I can't picture the proper northern County Fair working too well
here.

Could have wheelchair races..and who can throw their cane the furthest
and so forth.

Gill

County Fair results Fran Needlework 4 October 26th 09 05:13 PM
County fair results Joan E. Needlework 25 July 2nd 09 03:08 AM
County fair - results Wooly Yarn 5 August 29th 06 01:33 AM
County Fair results Joan E. Needlework 13 July 26th 06 04:56 PM
My county fair results Donna D. Needlework 1 August 21st 03 12:41 PM