Anyone doing Free form cross stich ?

Old January 16th 04, 07:41 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Anyone doing Free form cross stich ?

I wonder if anyone here does Free form crossstich ?
mirjam
Old January 16th 04, 11:54 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/16/04 2:41 AM, in article , "Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen" wrote:

I wonder if anyone here does Free form crossstich ?
mirjam

As in not following a chart?

Sort of - I've done some bookmarks that way.

Cheryl

Old January 17th 04, 06:34 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I mean as if taking the empty
canvas and just work , changing colors and even weights of threads .
If you look at the background of my work "Tirah Porakhat , you might
see something like it , i worked with many needles each threaded with
another color , stiched several stiches in a ... shall we call it
'cloud form', i finnaly filled in the back ground to resemble maybe a
flower garden . but it is not `orderly`.
in another work [ not on my website] i just went by an 'inner hunch'
changing threads when i felt it was time ,,,, work is very emotional.
mirjam

Old January 17th 04, 01:57 PM
Cheryl Isaak

It was my first and only attempt at totally free form work - I think I was
trying to make a tote bag.... It was no doubt indicative of the hormonal
brain of preteen.

On 1/17/04 9:54 AM, in article , "Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen" wrote:

Thank you for your answer ,,, I don`t think i meant this kind , i
meant more something , like letting your feelings and eyes lead your
Color choice.
thank you
mirjam
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:12:00 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

I did some free form surface work, but not since the 70's and I was trying
to imitate some of the "psychedelic" posters. Looked terrible, but I was
only 10 or so.

Cheryl
On 1/17/04 1:34 AM, in article
, "Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen" wrote:

I mean as if taking the empty
canvas and just work , changing colors and even weights of threads .
If you look at the background of my work "Tirah Porakhat , you might
see something like it , i worked with many needles each threaded with
another color , stiched several stiches in a ... shall we call it
'cloud form', i finnaly filled in the back ground to resemble maybe a
flower garden . but it is not `orderly`.
in another work [ not on my website] i just went by an 'inner hunch'
changing threads when i felt it was time ,,,, work is very emotional.
mirjam
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:54:50 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 1/16/04 2:41 AM, in article
, "Mirjam

Old January 17th 04, 04:13 PM
Bungadora

I've done free-form needlepoint. I started out following a chart for an
oriental rug, and ended up filling out the canvas with abstracted flowers and
leaves. Good way to use up scraps. For me, the appeal of free form was to
stitch quickly, so I am not sure I would use cross stitch in this manner. It
would take too much time.
Dora
Old January 20th 04, 07:17 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

thank you for your input , i think everybody has creativeness in
him/herself , but some just didn`t develop it or allow it to flower.
When you try Free form and let yourself go it is frightening at first,
but sometimes very interesting .
Could you explain what you mean by To attract one`s eye ??? would you
say it is too `low colored or too unusual ?
I once had a curator coming to look at my work , she said she didn`t
know how to place it 'Since She Never saw anything like it before " ,
another one thought that was Just the reason to show it !!!!
So much is in the eye of the beholder ,
mirjam

I have tried it before, especially when I go through a "color phase"
and particular combinations really attract my eye.

However, anything I try to free form is....well....let's just say it
doesn't really do much to attract anyone's eye...I just don't have
that kind of artistic talent.

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)