Mineral Makeup

Old February 18th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

Default Mineral Makeup

What brand did you buy????...

"Lenore L" wrote in message
. ..
OK, someone mentioned it...........I got some today and really like it. I
got just the foundation and finishing and some eye shadow. Nice stuff.
Seems to be lasting nicely too.

Old February 18th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I bought Bare Escentuals

(I just love writing that word - it is so 'gorgeously contrived' g
..
In message , MB
writes
What brand did you buy????...

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 18th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

That's the brand I use too. It's fantastic.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......

I bought Bare Escentuals

What brand did you buy????...

Old February 18th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Now you are gonna laugh at me- I bought the L'Oreal brand version just
Friday (WalMart's limited shopping, doncha know!) and wore it around the
house to get used to it and it had it's 'maiden voyage' at church Sunday!
VBG I think I'm going to really like it- but I hope the little containers
of make-up last a loonngggg time to justify the cost.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 18th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Leslie - it doesn't take much to use, at least I use very littel. What
I have found is using it actually helps my skin, and it is such a
light application you can barely tell there is something there, it
just kinda "evens" everything out. Working under flourescent lights/
courtroom lights all day, and my skin is oily. I use the tinted
mineral veil in the morning, and keep a no-color container at work to
touch up at lunch, if needed.

When I first used it people knew something was different, but they
just couldn't put a finger on what it was! My ex thought I was having
an affair. I guess I was, with myself and an effort to feel better
about myself......

Ginger in CA

On Feb 18, 8:06*am, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Now you are gonna laugh at me- I bought the L'Oreal brand version just
Friday (WalMart's limited shopping, doncha know!) and wore it around the
house to get used to it and it had it's 'maiden voyage' at church Sunday!
VBG *I think I'm going to really like it- but I hope the little containers
of make-up last a loonngggg time to justify the cost.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in messagenews:aMhuj.39243$9j6.26893@attbi_s22...

That's the brand I use too. * It's fantastic.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

I bought Bare Escentuals

What brand did you buy????...- Hide quoted text -

Old February 18th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

L'Oreal. It is spendy but nice. Looks and feels a lot better than the
liquid stuff.

"MB" wrote in message
What brand did you buy????...

. ..

Old February 18th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT Mineral Makeup

If you guys think L'Oreal is spendy you should look into 'really'
pricey make-up. You can spend a LOT of money on various types
of higher end stuff. There is no limit at what some folks will
pay to look better. When I was a kid I worked in an upscale dept.
store with the incoming make up. Good golly it is amazing. All
those years ago prices of the stuff went up every 6 months.

Taria

Lenore L wrote:
L'Oreal. It is spendy but nice. Looks and feels a lot better than the
liquid stuff.

"MB" wrote in message

What brand did you buy????...

m...

Old February 18th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Hi Irene
I went originally to a store called Ulta, that sells beauty products.
They have the Bare Escentuals and their own brand, also. I had a gal
apply the fair and medium both one me, one on each side of my face. I
got the medium starter kit. There was one mineral veil [translucent or
clear] -kinda like the top coat, and two shades for the base coat.
Later I got a container of the tinted mineral veil. I don't really use
the blusher and the other one that came with it, much.

If you have Avon nearby, they also sell a line of mineral make-up. In
fact, many companies are getting on the bandwagon now. Avon
salespeople will help you, and it is returnable/exchangeable from what
I can tell.

Ginger in CA

On Feb 18, 11:42*am, IMS wrote:
Does this stuff come in 'tones' if so how do you know which color to
get, since it seems to be so different.

-Irene

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:09:30 -0800 (PST), Ginger in CA

Old February 18th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

The lady I went to, Irene, had a 'studio' where she more or less chose
the colour for me. She decided on two, by just seeing my skin tone,
then applied two and asked me to choose between them. I chose the one I
couldn't see gg She also showed and told me exactly how to prepare it
and apply it.
If you had someone like that, it would be great for you.
The town near me, where I found it, is a very small town - it was a most
unexpected discovery to find her there.
..
In message , IMS
writes

Old February 19th 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Irene, when I ordered it online they had very specific and helpful
guidelines for which tones and colors to buy. I ordered accordingly, and it
is spot-on accurate for me.
http://store.bareescentuals.com/

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--