Funny, funny bead rules

Old October 20th 04, 08:46 PM
susiegibson

Default Funny, funny bead rules

your daughter sounds alot like my youngest- she is really into art and is
trying to get me some new shows now I am well again- she pushes her art and
jewelry class teachers to visit mywebsite to see what "her mom"
makes........ she is my best and sweetest sales rep.......

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Now that Manda's in High School, she makes a point of wearing a
different bracelet/necklace combination each day (stuff I've made, of
course) Almost all the lampwork is off limits, but most things are
okay for her to wear without asking. (and the bracelets on the
porcelain arm are okay to give away whenever)

Today, Amanda's art teacher came over and glanced at the things she
was wearing. "That's real faceted lapis and handmade Bali silver"
she said, "How did you come across the Good Stuff?"

Manda answered that her mother has loads of real Bali silver, is
terribly fussy, and makes almost all her jewelry. The teacher then
commented that she had spent a month in Bali on the tail end of a
year's visit to India, and had learned the difference between Indian
and Bali silver. She then told Manda that I probably paid a ton for
the silver, since it's so inexpensive in Bali.

"Naaah," commented Manda. "My mom has all her favorite places to get
stuff, and I am sure she gets really good prices. I know she would
never pay retail." kath comment: snerk - my kid knows me well

Casually, the teacher asked if Manda knew any of those sources.

Instantly, Manda answered, "I can't tell you. She spent a lot of
time making relationships with these people. Besides, she buys in
quantity, much more stuff than a person would use to make just one
necklace or bracelet."

The teacher started laughing and said, "Good Job, Manda!"

(She must make jewelry herself - Amanda reports that the teacher
wears a lot of Bali, although "It's really chunky and I don't like it
much.")

Cracked me up, though. The kid does have the rules down pat.

Kathy N-V

---

Old October 20th 04, 09:19 PM
Dr. Sooz

Manda should definitely tell this poor woman about the Links List! Sheesh.

Casually, the teacher asked if Manda knew any of those sources.

Instantly, Manda answered, "I can't tell you. She spent a lot of
time making relationships with these people. Besides, she buys in
quantity, much more stuff than a person would use to make just one
necklace or bracelet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cracked me up, though. The kid does have the rules down pat.

Can't you guys share? I always share my sources -- the ones where I won't be
bid against. (Seems sort of wrong, to me, not to.)
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 20th 04, 09:20 PM
Marisa Cappetta

The more I hear about this child the more I like her.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

Old October 21st 04, 05:18 AM
Kandice Seeber

Good Goddess, Kathy - your daughter is a paragon!! That's priceless!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old October 21st 04, 05:37 AM
starlia

Give Manda a big Texas hug from me. She's too dang adorable. LOL

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com