DMC Cordonnet 80 have an Anchor equivalent?

Old July 19th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeanine3

Default DMC Cordonnet 80 have an Anchor equivalent?

Hi all!
I'm translating again and have a pattern that calls for DMC Cordonnet 80
but we're trying to give a complete Anchor conversion alternative...
does anyone know if Anchor has an equivalent and what it's called?
I'm not familiar with Anchor threads at all.

TIA,
Jeanine in Canada
Old July 19th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Stefania Bressan

Il Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:33:14 GMT, Jeanine3 ha scritto:

Hi all!
I'm translating again and have a pattern that calls for DMC Cordonnet 80
but we're trying to give a complete Anchor conversion alternative...
does anyone know if Anchor has an equivalent and what it's called?
I'm not familiar with Anchor threads at all.

TIA,
Jeanine in Canada

In Italy there's Anchor Cordonnet, more or less in the same sizes of
DMC Cordonnet.
But it looks like it's a product that is not sold everywhere,
according to the official website. Starting at http://www.coats.com
you can have a look at the various local websites.
I've searched for Cordonnet (that in Italy is under Crochet Threads)
in USA and UK websites with no luck.

Ciao, Stefania
--
L'angolo di Stefania: http://www.angolostefania.it
Old July 19th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeanine3

Stefania Bressan wrote:
In Italy there's Anchor Cordonnet, more or less in the same sizes of
DMC Cordonnet.
But it looks like it's a product that is not sold everywhere,
according to the official website. Starting at http://www.coats.com
you can have a look at the various local websites.
I've searched for Cordonnet (that in Italy is under Crochet Threads)
in USA and UK websites with no luck.

Ciao, Stefania

Ciao Stefi!!

Grazie! I didn't find it on the american website, but now I do see it on
the Italian one.

:-))

Ciao!
Jeanine
Old July 20th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Sue

On Jul 18, 7:33 pm, Jeanine3 wrote:
Hi all!
I'm translating again and have a pattern that calls for DMC Cordonnet 80
but we're trying to give a complete Anchor conversion alternative...
does anyone know if Anchor has an equivalent and what it's called?
I'm not familiar with Anchor threads at all.

TIA,
Jeanine in Canada

DMC Cordonnet is a high quality crochet thread that comes in many
sizes, but only in white & ecru. It is sometimes used for pulled
thread embroidery. Size 80 is the same size as tatting cotton.
According the DMC website, the difference between the two is that
tatting cotton is made with long staple cotton. Alas, I don't see
tatting cotton on the Coats website either.

Pearl cotton #12 is a possible substitute. It is a bit heavier than
the #80, but might be acceptable in your application.

BTW, what is the application? Maybe we could think of other
substitutes.

HTH

Nancy Sue,
Professional Project Starter, who has actually finished 7 projects
this year, but only begun one!

Old July 21st 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeanine3

Nancy Sue wrote:
[...]

Hi Nancy Sue,
This is being used for a pulled filling stitch, I just wanted to list
the Anchor/DMC conversion and I didn't know that Anchor also makes
Cordonnnet but it seems for the European market!

Thanks for your help!
Jeanine in Canada

Yarn Equivalent Charlie Yarn 16 December 12th 05 03:05 PM
2 1/4" grosgrain equivalent vpenoso Sewing 0 September 6th 05 05:35 AM
What is the equivalent to Lyscordet? Yvonne Yarn 13 June 27th 05 10:57 PM
U.S. equivalent or supplier anne Needlework 6 May 2nd 05 02:08 PM
DMC Cordonnet Size 70 Crochet Thread - Ecru Judy Needlework 0 May 5th 04 07:42 PM