Bargello designers/makers/thinkers/anyoftheabove :)

Old August 5th 05, 12:29 AM
nzlstar*

Default Bargello designers/makers/thinkers/anyoftheabove :)

hi again,
been a'thunk'n yet again.
i got a mess of diff greens here, all shades, heaps of various textures on
them.
also got some orangey reds, some turquoiseys, some purples.
i've not made nor designed a bargello before.
i need inspiration galore.
so send ideas, send sites to peruse.

i'm wondering if its possible to 'meld' two diff designs, both bargello,
diff sizes perhaps, so they appear to the eye to have one laying on top of
the other.
close as i can come is how a curved log cabin can, in the right colours,
float over the background like bubbles float when blown with soap and wire
thingy.
sorry best i can do with my explanation. just brain storm with me and see
what might come of this starting point. thanks to one and all, even those
what is just gonna 'thunk' along with me on this (sic).
anticipatingly,
jeanne
is that a word?
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old August 5th 05, 12:41 AM
~Ann~

Being a beginner myself, I am thinking that I would be concerned about
the final "quilting technique" used over all those seams...MQ maybe?

Ann

Old August 5th 05, 01:15 AM
Mary in Rock Island IL

Marilyn Doheny was the guest lecturer at my quilt guild the other day.
She does the kind of work you are thinking about. I did a quick
search and found a few references, perhaps you can find more.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/H.../bargello.html

http://www.quilting-online.com/8/bar...ern-quilt.html

http://www.quiltedgallery.com/quilts...argello_1.html

http://softexpressions.com/software/bar/

Mary
Old August 5th 05, 04:03 AM
nzlstar*

not even worried bout that yet.
i'm still in design mode, lol.
you offering services?
snorfle
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"~Ann~" wrote...

Old August 5th 05, 04:04 AM
nzlstar*

ta, mary, these will sure keep me hopping, eh.
hugz,
jeanne
ta is thank you to those of us in the south pacific, well most of us
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Mary in Rock Island IL" wrote ...

Old August 5th 05, 12:58 PM
Cappy

http://www.sheilawilliams.com/ecBuilder/item51.htm

This software is a lot of fun to play with... I designed a quilt with it and as
we were sandwiching it, my mother said, "Now *that's* a quilt good enough for a
quilt show." :-/

Cappy

Old August 5th 05, 01:08 PM
Pat in Virginia

Yes, Jeanne, you can do that. Well, I don't know if you can do
it, but Marge Edie sure has done that 'melding' in her Bargello
.... with fantastic results! Heres are swirls of different colors
or other distinct swirls. Her books were published by That
Patchwork Place about 8 years ago:

Bargello Quilts
(C) 1994 by Marge Edie
ISBN 1-56477-067-2

A New Slant on Bargello Quilts
(C) 1998 by Marge Edie
ISBN 1-56477-227-6

Marge's books are thorough and very well written. She came to our
guild. She is a lovely woman and a good teacher. The earlier book
has what I think you want. It is straight cut Bargello. The
second book has slanted cut strips. I made one of those, mostly
purple. It came out great. Kid Sis has it now.

NAYY. HTH. PAT

Old August 5th 05, 01:12 PM
Pat in Virginia

Should have mentioned this in my prior post. Marge Edie's
technique is to "Quilt As You Build it" ... so when the quilt is
pieced, it is already quilted. One might add some border
quilting. Also, her books include how to draft one's own pattern,
and some specific patterns.
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 5th 05, 03:11 PM
Idahoqltr

I am thinking about taking the class at Quilt Univ. on advanced
bargello. I signed up for one a year ago at my LQS but it got
cancelled due to lack of interest. I understand how to put one
together. I want to learn more about designing one.

Loretta Spears Bargello Symphony tcw27 Needlework 1 February 2nd 14 06:31 PM
Searching an old Bargello book Jeanine3 Needlework 6 February 6th 05 01:46 AM
Bargello Fantasy Help needed Susan Needlework 1 June 27th 04 01:26 PM
Bargello Fantasy tcw27 Needlework 0 May 6th 04 02:32 PM
Bargello earthmagic Quilting 12 September 5th 03 07:35 PM