Peyote - Finally

Old February 24th 04, 04:09 AM
starlia

Default Peyote - Finally

I definitely have to give a shout out to all of you that weave off loom.
Boy has my patience ever been tasked this week learning peyote of all
things. Today was the day it clicked. I've been at it for a few hours and
I'm liking the outcome. I'm doing a small bracelet, about 1 1/2" wide. I
couldn't do it in just once color, so it's more like a rainbow of colors.

Now that I've been at it for a little while I can definitely appreciate the
fact that the loom seems so much easier to me. I can draw out my designs
without really thinking about anything else.

This is a big night for me. I finally conquered the peyote and I'm going to
dance around the house in a sing song manner while Trinkett gives me that
"what are you doing now" look.

Old February 24th 04, 04:16 AM
Debbie B

That's great. Peyote was the one that I learned and didn't know it. I just
learned brick stitch and now want to learn the others.

Congrats!!!

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"starlia" wrote in message
I definitely have to give a shout out to all of you that weave off loom.
Boy has my patience ever been tasked this week learning peyote of all
things. Today was the day it clicked. I've been at it for a few hours

and
I'm liking the outcome. I'm doing a small bracelet, about 1 1/2" wide. I
couldn't do it in just once color, so it's more like a rainbow of colors.

Now that I've been at it for a little while I can definitely appreciate

the
fact that the loom seems so much easier to me. I can draw out my designs
without really thinking about anything else.

This is a big night for me. I finally conquered the peyote and I'm going

dance around the house in a sing song manner while Trinkett gives me that
"what are you doing now" look.

---

Old February 24th 04, 04:50 AM
starlia

I can't even start thinking about what is next. I really love my loom...if
I could only find it. I'm thinking about asking my FIL to make me a really
nice one that's big enough that I can do some larger designs. The one I
have now is adequate, but you know the old adage of bigger is better.

ink.net...

Old February 24th 04, 04:54 AM
Debbie B

I have a loom that my sil made me. I tried it before I was into beading and
it didn't work. Well, now I know better. But I haven't tried it yet.
That's coming up next after I finish school.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"starlia" wrote in message
I can't even start thinking about what is next. I really love my

loom...if
I could only find it. I'm thinking about asking my FIL to make me a

really
nice one that's big enough that I can do some larger designs. The one I
have now is adequate, but you know the old adage of bigger is better.

ink.net...

Old February 24th 04, 04:56 AM
starlia

You will probably love it. I know that I love my loom almost as much as my
torch. I love making my own designs and then seeing them come alive on the
loom. It's so relaxing too.

Old February 24th 04, 05:37 AM
roxan

Starlia,
Check out the free form peyote necklace I made. Use the arrow to get to the
last necklace on the right of the site.
https://home.comcast.net/~designsbyroxan/
Roxan

Old February 24th 04, 02:39 PM
roxan

The one thing about free form peyote is you can't make a mistake doing it.
Whatever you come up with is part of the design. I love incorporating a
focal piece with free form peyote.
Roxan

Old February 24th 04, 06:13 PM
Dr. Sooz

This is a big night for me. I finally conquered the peyote and I'm going to
dance around the house in a sing song manner while Trinkett gives me that
"what are you doing now" look.

Rock on! Offloom weaving is fantastic and so absorbing. And gratifying.
And...and...... 3
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

I can finally get back to beading! Helen C Beads 2 February 6th 04 04:14 AM
Peyote leaves Marisa Cappetta Beads 3 December 29th 03 11:29 PM
[AD] Finally finished the BLUFF online catalog! [email protected] Beads 11 December 6th 03 05:55 AM
finally need help for a newbie:) skyrider Beads 2 November 24th 03 06:24 AM
AD: Finally new beads on Ebay & update on my son (OT) :) ~ SPIglass Studio Paulette I. Beads 9 October 6th 03 02:17 AM