CATS CROSS STITCH FESTIVAL

Old March 3rd 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Default CATS CROSS STITCH FESTIVAL

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Joan E. wrote:

You're right, it doesn't. I have not an inkling of how to stop it,
though.

Joan

I suppose we could find an attorney who specializes in class action
suits and sue on behalf of each of us who has posted here for having our
copyright violated.

Let them join the ranks of the Pattern Piggies, the leader of whom lost
everything she owned, including her house, for copyright infringement.
Can you just imagine her husband's reaction to being told what her
obsession cost the family?!

I missed that story. Would someone care to retell it please?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old March 3rd 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Olwyn.Mary wrote:

I missed that story. Would someone care to retell it please?

Several years ago, a group calling itself Pattern Piggies set out to
amass huge numbers of patterns by scanning and sharing. A number of
designers were (rightly) up in arms. Some infiltrated the group under
pseudonyms, creating simple patterns they could post to demonstrate
their bonafides as sharers. And then they sued.

I cannot find anything about the verdict online, but heard through the
grapevine that the head piggie lost her home in order to pay it.

As I said, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to see her husband's
reaction when she told him what her hobby cost the family.

I can never fathom why people wil pay all kinds of money for fabrics,
tools, supplies etc. for sewing, knitting, embroidery and what have you,
and then are too cheap to buy a pattern. It just does not make sense to
me. I remember, back in England when I was a girl, folks were always
admiring things my mother had made, then asking to borrow the pattern.
Not that it did them any good, as in my family it was considered very
weak and lazy to follow a pattern exactly.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.