Time to do the Directory for 2010!

Old December 26th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Time to do the Directory for 2010!

Running a bit late with the Directory the year but I've been running late
for about the last 6 months so this is nothing new. Let's get through the
holidays and then I will open the Directory form for a few weeks. We should
have the Directory done by the end of February -God willing and the creek
don't rise! . I will be doing it solo this time as Karen needs to focus on
other things right now. Perhaps I can get a partner for the next
Directory.

For those new to the group, the Directory is a listing of all faithful
posters on the group who would like to participate in the Directory. It
contains name, postal address, email address and screen name along with
favorite colors and fabric types. Because it contains personal information,
we are very careful about who gets a copy of the Directory. An online form
is made available for several weeks which is used to collect all the
information. Then the information is sorted and edited and formatted into a
spreadsheet. Those already in the Directory get a copy emailed to them.
Those who are not in the Directory and would like to be will fill out the
form and go through a qualification based on number of postings, time on the
group, etc. We take our personal information very seriously so we hope the
new folks understand the scrutiny is for their protection as well.

I will post another message after the New Year to provide the link to the
form.

Happy holidays to all! Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New
Year filled with lots of quilting time!

--
Alice in NJ
"Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends

Old December 26th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Alice, you are a goddess. Thank you for taking on this monumental task
and doing it with good cheer and a digital smile!

Sunny
Old December 26th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

AliceW wrote:
[...]

Yay! The Directory!

We know how huge a job this is, and all done voluntarily. I know I
speak for all when I say that this is greatly appreciated.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 26th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Sunny wrote:
Alice, you are a goddess. Thank you for taking on this monumental task
and doing it with good cheer and a digital smile!

Sunny

Michelle in Nevada
Old December 28th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA[_3_]

I feel as if I have been in observation mode for the past year. I have been
here...... just don't post much. Baby girl has moved to the east coast to go
back to school for her masters, my long arm quilting business has kept me
busy more days than not and life just takes over. I have been following the
happenings going on here and said a few prayers when asked. You all have
kept me laughing with the stories and searching the websites when prompted.
$$ has been spent thanks to some of you!

Thank you, Alice, for keeping the directory going. Bless you and those that
help you with it.

--
~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA

Old December 28th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

thanks, Alice! I will look for your email!
amy inCNY