Trip to Mars

Old January 18th 04, 08:25 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/18/04 2:00 PM, in article , "Kristy
Malarkey" wrote:

You might want to check out the group on Yahoo:

Chatelaine Design Support
(
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chatelainedesignsupport/) She as a few
freebies there and you can get a chance to check the supplies for upcoming
mysteries and see pictures of some of her other designs

Kristy (hoping to enable someonelse for a change :-)

Thank you!
Cheryl

Old January 19th 04, 02:16 AM
Deb Milner

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:05:49 -0600, Jenn Liace
wrote:

I'm betting that I could set up an account
with the bank to have it autodraft payments from my checking account
while the pay is just sitting in the bank, and get that stash on time.

Ummmmmmmmm, has FedEx added a route to Mars already? =)

Probably not, so I'd have to get it all in advance. Heaven help the
rest of the crew if I run out.

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)
Old January 19th 04, 02:18 AM
Deb Milner

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:36:46 -0800, "debbie frost"
wrote:

Have you tried Disney's Mission Space? It's supposed to feel like the real
thing. We'll be there in May, but I'm not sure I will go on it--don't want
to be sick the rest of the day. I've read different accounts from people,
you won't get sick, you'll get sick, it's intense, etc. I trust Dramamine
for my airline flight, but I don't know about this....

My son got to go on it before it was "officially" opened, during a
private party for employees of Disney affiliated businesses.

He said it was absolutely awesome. He also said to take the
Dramamine in advance and do NOT look around you to see how others are
doing, keep looking straight ahead.

Old January 19th 04, 02:27 AM
Deb Milner

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:23:53 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Whether it arrives at destination in good condition is another
question. ;-) [Just kidding, since I work for UPS tech support :-)]

No you're not - I watched the UPS guy drop stuff off the back labeled
fragile! it was fine, but still I've received a box of daylilies that looked
like it had been run over.

Absolutely EVERYTHING I have ever shipped via UPS either did not get
there resembling anything close to on time, or was lost completely.

DS' Christmas present one year cost me $119.00 to ship overnight to
him at 29 Palms. It was a golf bag, and the bag didn't cost much more
than that. At the time of shipping, they quoted me $40.00, it was
only AFTER shipping the item out, that they called me and dinged me
for the higher amount. Then, took 14 days to get it to him. Seems
that nobody at UPS in California had ever heard of 29 Palms. After 14
days on the phone with me, when they finally did find the base, he had
to go to the front gate to get the package, since the driver was NOT
leaving without HIS signature.

The worst was when I shipped a computer I built to DIL. The scans
showed it making it to Flint, but from there it was never seen again.

I asked them if they had searched the facility, after all, Flint is
NOT that big. That was when it was explained to me that after the
first scan and until the delivery scan, all other scans are "virtual".
That made no sense to me at all.

After 30 days of fighting them on the phone, "if you can't find it,
then since it is insured, send me the check so I can get her another
one, it is the only form of fast communication she has with her hubby
while he is aboard ship."

No, they couldn't pay the claim until they had thoroughly searched for
the missing item. Ok, how long does it take?

Finally, after 30 days, they said that since all attempts to find it
had failed, they would turn it over to claims.

The first think claims tried to do to me was tell me that they now had
to institute a higher level search, and that it could take 30 - 45
days before they could pay the claim.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back, and was last time I
shipped anything via UPS.

Trip to Disney mickey Marketplace 0 November 28th 04 07:16 PM
A "side trip" beaded project Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 1 November 20th 04 07:12 AM
AD: Bead Sets inspired by Colorado Trip Deirdre S. Beads 1 August 26th 03 07:34 PM
Trip bowline; Inside hitch; Tarbuck knot Dan Lehman Knots 1 August 22nd 03 05:29 PM