Sharon Schamber's new site. Free stuff.

Old July 30th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy McNutt

Default Sharon Schamber's new site. Free stuff.

I have DSL and it took them about 5 minutes on each
one to download. I haven't done that technique yet
but I might give it a try.
dreamboat
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreamboat116

wrote in message
ups.com...
I hope that this isn't out of line.

My name is Neil Atkin and I am Sharon's oldest son. Sharon and I are
producing a new website with all digital media. Every thing from
Gammill Longarm patterns and original patterns with video tutorials
all the way to Internet based lessons on her techniques.

Please visit our site and if you are interested sign up for the news
letter and you will receive two FREE patterns from Sharon.

www.SharonSchamberNetwork.com

Again if this is out of line I am sorry but what better way to spread
the word then to tell the ones that have taken her class in the past.

Thank you,
Neil Atkin

Old July 30th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di

Hi all,

Just want to let you all know that the problems with the huge downloads for
the free patterns is being looked at by the team at Sharon Schamber's new
site. They have been in contact with me and I have the patterns - very nice
too - and am now awaiting the tutorials.

Great communication from them.

Regards,
Di

Old July 30th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I have downloaded the two patterns in the original package. They are very
nice floral patterns that use Sharon's unique piecing techniques. They also
have wonderful demonstrations and directions. I got a message today that
the download has been redesigned to be easier to use by those with slower
systems. Try to give them a little slack...they were made aware of the
problem and have quickly moved to improve it. I'm pleased to have these two
new patterns.....if you had purchased as similar one from Sharon, it would
cost about $10. Thank you!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Donna Aten" wrote in message
Pauline,

I'm with you. I have high speed internet. I'm not going to wait and wait
to see a pattern when I don't even know what it is. Gonna delete the
messge, too!
--
Donna in Idaho

"Pauline" wrote in message
. net...
I tried to download the patterns as well. I walked away & did some
ironing & when I came back, they still hadn't downloaded, so I have now
deleted the email with the links in them. That is just too ridiculous,
IMNSHO. I have a new computer with DSL connection & there is no way I'm
going to tie up my computer that long to download a pattern that I don't
even know what it looks like.

Just my two cents . . .

Pauline
Northern California
"Di" wrote in message
Hi all,

I too signed up but I don't think I will be downloading either of the
two free patterns - one is 62Mb and the other is 57Mb unless they are
fairly spectacular. I have Adobe V8.1 on my computer and all I wanted
was the pattern not the program. I have broadband as well.

Regards,
Di

Old July 30th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Can you imagine paying for an 8 min phone call and in the middle of it the
pattern burps and you LOSE the whole thing? No fair.
Can you make those pics smaller? Can you give us options of NOT downloading
that part of the pattern that has all the pics?

On my personal compie, I could NOT download the first option whatsoever. I
tried the 2nd and it took me to a diff program (I have no clue what one as
it was already on my compie) but I could choose which one(s) I wanted to
download. I had a CHOICE which I assume most dial-ups do not. Just by the
numbers given, I chose the 2 smallest ones and got the pattern and the
materials needed downloads.When I have more time I will go to the last one
and peruse it.

I do hope this helps somewhat as you can tell I'm no techie : )

I do appreciate what you are doing as I'm sure you will have a number of us
visiting once you have the bugs worked out.

I enjoyed the separate video on the basket handle/celtic sewing as I've
never seen it done that way before..(this was from the other options you
gave us--not in the pattern download area---I'm thinking it was a separate
post to our RCTQ group). Tell Sharon thanks for doing that for us.

Butterfly ( I have no advice as to "how" you presented this to us as if it
is 'acceptable'....other than 'don't push it' as a saleable product...that's
for the Marketplace URL. Asking us to help you work out the system is ok in
"MY BOOK". I am not speaking for others)

wrote in message
ups.com...
In reguards to the size of the pattern.

We are making a change to where you can download the pattern for the
block seperate from the tutorial. I was unaware of this many issues
with downloading it. I am downloading it right now and my projected
time for competiton is 7min 30sec for the whole tutorial. Do you feel
that this is unacceptabel?

Thank you for all your comments and I will do my very best to
accomidate you.

-Neil

Old July 30th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

That WAS F A S T.
Faster than it's taking me to type this

Butterfly (you're getting there)

wrote in message
ups.com...
We have just resent out another newsletter with links to just the
pattern. After I update the tutorial and get it to 20MB range i will
upload it to our server and send out a newsletter with a link to it.

I also want to note that we will be changing servers in about two
weeks so that after the sight launches you will be able to download as
fast as your connection will allow.

Thank you again

-Neil
www.SharonSchamberNetwork.com

Old July 30th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article F5lri.28573$Xa3.6900@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

I have downloaded the two patterns in the original package. They are very
nice floral patterns that use Sharon's unique piecing techniques. They also
have wonderful demonstrations and directions. I got a message today that
the download has been redesigned to be easier to use by those with slower
systems. Try to give them a little slack...they were made aware of the
problem and have quickly moved to improve it. I'm pleased to have these two
new patterns.....if you had purchased as similar one from Sharon, it would
cost about $10. Thank you!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

I agree with you, Kathyl. The patterns are lovely, and the instructions
on how to do them are very detailed and clear. I've taken classes from
Sharon, and her patterns are usually $10 and up for the same thing.
These are free!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old July 30th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected][_2_]

"KJ" wrote:
[...]

Sandy,

If I recall corectly,Sharon was selling them for $15 each. I have
about 3 more different ones that we I will have giving out before
launch as a "Thank You". But they will have the great tutorials
downsized to under 20megs for easier download.

Thank you all for your support. And keep an eye out middle of next
week for a great speical offer with two patterns and a video tutorial
as well.

-Neil Atkin
Videographer and Slave to Sharon
www.SharonSchamberNetwork.com

Old July 30th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I actually thought they were $15 when I wrote the note....but I thought it
would be better to underestimate than to over state the price. I know I
bought at least one after taking her class in Paducah this year. They are
wonderful patterns. A very nice addition to my pattern library!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 30th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

I signed up and got the free files, but can't print them. And a black
and white line drawing just looks like a lot of work for questionable
results.

This may be a free download, but not sure that it is usable. Sigh.

One of the hazards of the industry.

Pati, in Phx

"KJ" wrote:

[...]

Click this site to earn money online and win free apple ipod (free membership) harish Quilting 0 April 21st 07 10:05 AM
Site for handmade stuff DAB Yarn 2 February 17th 07 12:26 AM
Join our New Growing Auction Site for FREE and get FREE OFFER Jose Aviles Marketplace 0 September 22nd 06 08:43 PM
OT and bead stuff on my site, not an ad Marisa Cappetta Beads 1 March 9th 04 05:13 PM
This site has neat Jade stuff. But... The Jade Carver Marketplace 0 July 15th 03 12:14 AM